GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Oh hey so this is still going... Anyways, can we update the list? I submitted my timeslip about 5-6 days ago. Not like anyone's counting :D

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Ed and I both agree that if timing is pulled the engine loses power. Ed also understands that if the WOT base map is not close enough for the E20-30 blend then the short term fuel trims are unable to adjust the AFR appropriately and it will be lean causing detonation. He actually knows what the deal is unlike the keyboard WizDUMB professed by the technically challenged.

:D
You don't know what you don't know. In this instance, you are talking theory and absolutes based on archaic ecu technology. Guess what, we are now at the point where advanced closed loop systems have built in fuel regulation systems on the fly. The fact you had to insult me just further shows your ignorance.
Point 1, it will go lean.
It will be over target lambda when you start the car and drive off the first time, yes. Then long term trims will add the 5-10% extra fuel and the closed loop target figures are dead on. No one with half a brain targets stoichiometry at wot, so there is no fear of lean induced knock. That is bad tuning and/or old ecu technology with open loop design or poor fueling trim memory.
Point 2, the actual maps used by the main companies won't allow e30 because they are on the ragged edge.
No, they all target stoichiometry until 800-1000mg/STK of flow at which point they target around .85-.78 at full boost. No ots is20 file taxes the fuel system except the giac race file maybe. This is from tuning almost 100 cars on this platform and looking at over 5000 logs, doing 20+ dyno tunes, owning 5 turbos on my two personal mqb vehicles and logging/testing for the past 4 years. I mean what is empirical evidence worth? Nothing I guess. Theory trumps reality, right?

I'll have the thread cleaned up, don't worry about it. There's always that guy that can't admit he's wrong. He fills his part.

I will update the list tomorrow :)

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Anyways, despite not being a 1/4 I’m headed to the 1/8 now. Hope to hold full power in 1st with the new tires, and have removed 202lbs out the car since last visit.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
TechGuy just needs to shut the fuck up, realize he is wrong, and move on.

People who think they’re the smartest person in the room can’t do that. :rolleyes:

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Dialed in at 7.05, ran a 6.96. Knocked out first round, I can live with that.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That's not a slow 1/8th mile...

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
This strip the right lane always traps around 3mph faster than the left, though ET’s are the same. 105 the 6.9 in the right, 101 in the left lane before some changes. Usually Dragy 99-100 full weight, have 202lbs pulled out.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Anyways, despite not being a 1/4 I’m headed to the 1/8 now. Hope to hold full power in 1st with the new tires, and have removed 202lbs out the car since last visit.
202lbs, what did that encompass? All seats + spare tire + ?

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
For the Uncivil - Spewing hate and ignorance because you don't have a technical clue does not change reality. Your civil and technical ignorance illustrates your inability to deal with info. that you fail to understand.

Making the assumption that all E0-E10 WOT maps can accommodate E30 without actually properly engine dyno testing all E0-E10 tunes in steady state mode is making a huge assumption that is inappropriate. Ed's tunes may accommodate E30 but that does not mean that all the other tunes available accommodate E30. This is precisely why my original comment to Will was of value to anyone who wants to learn and understand that a custom tune for a specific application is the proper and only totally correct tune for a give engine. In the end the insults and ignorance change nothing.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
For the Uncivil - Spewing hate and ignorance because you don't have a technical clue does not change reality. Your civil and technical ignorance illustrates your inability to deal with info. that you fail to understand.

Making the assumption that all E0-E10 WOT maps can accommodate E30 without actually properly engine dyno testing all E0-E10 tunes in steady state mode is making a huge assumption that is inappropriate. Ed's tunes may accommodate E30 but that does not mean that all the other tunes available accommodate E30. This is precisely why my original comment to Will was of value to anyone who wants to learn and understand that a custom tune for a specific application is the proper and only totally correct tune for a give engine. In the end the insults and ignorance change nothing.

hypocrite

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
We’re still on about all this? Can we just drop it and get back to the original topic at hand? Save the non-topic discussion for another thread, please.

I know some folks went to the track last night and went today. Post those new season times up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk