GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Epic launch for street tires. Nice job

Thanks man. I knew it was good when it ripped off the line.. Just a smudge of top end and I would've had an 11.1x. It's a shame I couldn't hook when the track got cold because the DA got much better towards the end of the night. My 4 yo was bugging me to leave after 3 passes lol. My wife messed up and took a picture instead of video, I was real happy about that. ? I do have a dash video, but dragy won't let me export with the timed overlay.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie

Had to run my low power in 1st gear tune, 7.7 was trying it on medium power.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Had to run my low power in 1st gear tune, 7.7 was trying it on medium power.

With that trap speed and a good tire and you should be under 7 in the 1/8

Last edited:

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Was full weight. Need some tires now though.

Dang, it's moving and full weight. Best I've trapped in the 1/8th is 101 and thats with weight reduction.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Time for MPI and full E85. :D

I know right. But no cobb support and the adult in me is worried the motor becomes even more of a time bomb when upping the boost.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
What was the 1/8 ET for the 11.1?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. After the new tires (my rears are slick now) and weight reduction (210-220 lbs) I want to go back and see if it has a 6.9 in it. Hope to be able to run full power in 1st.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Nice. After the new tires (my rears are slick now) and weight reduction (210-220 lbs) I want to go back and see if it has a 6.9 in it. Hope to be able to run full power in 1st.

Do you have a haldex switch in order to heat up your tires? Also, if you could convince UM to let you use their TCU tune without using their ECU you'd be money. I've seen Rs cutting 1.5x-1.6x on DOT tires with it.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’ll be on Street tires still. Will get the Iroz switch whenever I do get dedicated track tires. On the Eurodyne Stage 3 TCU, just blows the tires away at the strip if I run it full power in 1st.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a haldex switch in order to heat up your tires? Also, if you could convince UM to let you use their TCU tune without using their ECU you'd be money. I've seen Rs cutting 1.5x-1.6x on DOT tires with it.

Ran my best time without warming up tires Friday. The run where i did a fwd burn out was actuall slower but then again the track was already cold lol

I heard you can cut a 1.5x on street tires :cool:

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Ran my best time without warming up tires Friday. The run where i did a fwd burn out was actuall slower but then again the track was already cold lol

I heard you can cut a 1.5x on street tires :cool:

On street tires, a burn out isn't really needed but with slicks or drag radials it is. And you are one of those UM tcu tuned, 1.5x cutting, street tired mofos I'm talking about. Some kinda magic going on to get those 60s. So jelly.