GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI... Wastegate Noise?

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum... just picked up a 2015 Golf 1.8t Launch Edition last Friday and today I noticed a noise that wasn't present before.

I only have 200 miles, and the car is untouched. Each time I accelerate and then depress the clutch to switch gears, I get a funny whistly vibrato / tremolo noise.

Any thoughts???

Oh, and hi! :)

SoCalGolf

Hi,

I also have the same engine but with the automatic transmission. I'm hearing the same thing, like a rattling when accelerating. It tends to happen the first few miles when the engine is cold. Does yours do that?

I think its the wastegate actuator rod because mine is loose when I touch it.
I've taken it to the dealer but they want to hear the noise for themselves; they won't do anything until they hear it.

guari

Passed Driver's Ed
I remember reading something about this on an audi forum for the same engine, I remember it was indeed the wastegate actuator resonating. I remember reading that it was only bothersome and not a reson for concern.

I remember reading something about this on an audi forum for the same engine, I remember it was indeed the wastegate actuator resonating. I remember reading that it was only bothersome and not a reson for concern.

Sorry, forgot about this thread when I got this fixed. According to VW Service it was the "turbo cutoff valve" that had came unplugged. Perhaps it was never correctly connected in the first place? All I know, is that the noise is now completely gone. :)

tallgeese

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, forgot about this thread when I got this fixed. According to VW Service it was the "turbo cutoff valve" that had came unplugged. Perhaps it was never correctly connected in the first place? All I know, is that the noise is now completely gone. :)

Where is the plug?