GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK 7.5 R Owner and Questions!

VP_Rides

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hi Everyone!
I wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum! It is a little late as I got the car in July and it is no December but nonetheless, here I am! I absolutely love this car and it draws no attention which is great. There have been quite a few cops around the Toronto area, where I live, and it has been tough to fully open it up and experience the true power. Nonetheless, highways and back roads are like 10 minutes away! Funny enough, I am at work right now and don't have any photos on my laptop to share with everyone but, if you'd like to check some out, see the page on Instagram @VP_Rides
Also, if anyone wants me to post a picture for them, edit something, or want to take some photos together, let me know, I'd love to do these things! (No I am not selling anything, just something I enjoy doing!!)

Separate note, I do have a question. I am looking to get my windows tinted and I am thinking of doing 15% in the back and 20% up front along with a windshield banner style sun strip at 5%. Do any of you have 20% on the front? I think it will look awesome but I have to admit I am scared that I wont be able to see at night very well. Then again, maybe I just scared myself when I tinted my motorcycle helmet visor to 5% and literally have to ride with my visor up at night when there aren't street lights haha.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
20% on the front is VERY dark, especially in a place like Toronto that isn't exactly Phoenix, where it's so hot that darker tint can actually make some sense. I'd stick with 35% on the sides, no less than 20% on the back - or whatever is legal there. Congrats on the new ride.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
I'm not 100% sure on the tint levels of my car as it was already tinted when I picked it up. I'm in Edmonton, AB and pretty nervous of the cops giving me a hard time. They were pulling me over for tint with my GLI when it had the lightest possible. This is pretty dark, at night (which is pretty much all the time right now) visibility from side mirrors is reduced.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I went 30F/20R/5%SunRoof/50%Windshield with 95% heat rejection ceramic and my car looks great and i have no issues with visibility out the front. also my steering wheel + shifter are not hot in the summer.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I've had 20% all around on both of my Rs. See just fine at night. Not a fan of windshield banners. Bought a used car with one and hated it.

IMG_0383.jpeg

Wiredin

Ready to race!
This is how dark mine is. I like how the car looks with it, but visibility kinda sucks at night

Attachments

• PXL_20201201_234229604.jpg
    PXL_20201201_234229604.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Depends on where you live.

If you live in an area with 100% street light coverage than go as dark as you like.

If you live rurally with animals running into the road and no street lights than maybe not so dark. Obviously people have differences in how well they can see at night to begin with, some people are like cats, some old folks can hardly see at all.