New Mishimoto MK7 Radiator

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
Interested to see if this would fit with an IE oem location intercooler

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
How was the CSF? are you running an aftermarket intercooler and did it help with temps on the track?
I have the APR intercooler but have not received the CSF radiator yet.
Also, I don’t have any track data to provide. I wanted these mods as a pre-cursor to any track time.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I have the APR intercooler but have not received the CSF radiator yet.
Also, I don’t have any track data to provide. I wanted these mods as a pre-cursor to any track time.
Understood, that's what I'm doing also. I'd prefer to do intercooler and radiator install at the same time to save costs but from what I'm reading money is better spent adding an auxiliary oil cooler and DSG cooler. I'm interested in seeing how your setup does when you finally put some laps on it.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Understood, that's what I'm doing also. I'd prefer to do intercooler and radiator install at the same time to save costs but from what I'm reading money is better spent adding an auxiliary oil cooler and DSG cooler. I'm interested in seeing how your setup does when you finally put some laps on it.
I also have a CSF aux oil cooler on the way, but won’t have room for an aux DSG cooler, due to SCCA rules.

Probably won’t get any track time till later in the summer.

I did the intercooler myself, following the shop Dap video. Not a big deal to do again when the radiator/oil cooler shows up.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
So did anyone on the forums test the Mishimoto out? If you have it, how is it?

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
So did anyone on the forums test the Mishimoto out? If you have it, how is it?
I’m actually going to finally install this this month. My car caught a curb and I destroyed the radiator and a right wheel in the process. I’ll report back to see if it makes any difference. I track the car regularly but really never experienced any overheating issues on my stage 2 ots gti. I’m also installing the new Garrett 2260S turbo, I’m hoping this bigger radiator will keep things cool with the added power.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I’m actually going to finally install this this month. My car caught a curb and I destroyed the radiator and a right wheel in the process. I’ll report back to see if it makes any difference. I track the car regularly but really never experienced any overheating issues on my stage 2 ots gti. I’m also installing the new Garrett 2260S turbo, I’m hoping this bigger radiator will keep things cool with the added power.
Any updates?

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Any updates?
Radiator so far has been fine, I can't speak to it's performance at the track as I've only gone twice last summer (temps in the 60s-high 70's at Laguna Seca). I will say my oil temps definitely do rise up more quickly(up to 250's) during a 20 minute session while the coolant temp and dsg gear box temps remained in normal operating range.