GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member......Thank you....!!!

JohnnyGTI75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone on this Forum, the regular contributors and the moderators. Thank you all very much....!!!

I bought a 2020 VW GTI SE w/6sp MT in May of 2020. Loved the car but thought it needed more power and so the modding bug began....lol I have been reading and searching this forum since I bought the car and have to say I'm very impressed with the GTI community. I came from the Mustang world and since this is my first 'tuner' car, I was forced to learn a whole new language. This forum made it a ton easier to learn and do research which I know has saved me time and costly mistakes. Here is a list of current mods and pics of the car/engine bay. Thanks so much for the help everyone....!!!

APR Stage 2 (high torque) w/ APR DP
APR Intercooler with complete hose kit
034 turbo inlet pipe
034 X34 open intake
034 X34 fresh air duct
Southbend Stage 2 Endurance clutch

Attachments

• GTI 1.jpg
    GTI 1.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89
  • GTI 2.jpg
    GTI 2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 90

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Love it man! I was the same way when I got my 2017, and the forum helped me a lot. Welcome to the forum!

JohnnyGTI75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Welcome! Now let’s get you some wheels and RSB :) I’m assuming you’ve already upgraded tires??
I plan to burn off the pos stock Pirelli's this spring then will look into aftermarket wheels/tires or just tires. I manage a tire and wheel shop so I'm pretty fortunate in that regard.....lol I'm leaning towards the Nitto 555's if I stay on the stock wheels but am still doing research on a few options.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I plan to burn off the pos stock Pirelli's this spring then will look into aftermarket wheels/tires or just tires. I manage a tire and wheel shop so I'm pretty fortunate in that regard.....lol I'm leaning towards the Nitto 555's if I stay on the stock wheels but am still doing research on a few options.

if you own a tire and wheel shop, you’re insane for staying with those stock wheels. They’re ugly (opinion), heavy (fact, 25 lbs), and they’re only 7.5” barrel with 49 offset. The aftermarkets are 8-8.5” barrel in the ET40-45 range. Fills the wheel wells for a better stance, offers more room for wider tires, and aftermarket 18’s are typically 20-22 lbs

cblock406

Ready to race!
if you own a tire and wheel shop, you’re insane for staying with those stock wheels. They’re ugly (opinion), heavy (fact, 25 lbs), and they’re only 7.5” barrel with 49 offset. The aftermarkets are 8-8.5” barrel in the ET40-45 range. Fills the wheel wells for a better stance, offers more room for wider tires, and aftermarket 18’s are typically 20-22 lbs
I'm sure he knows all that lol

JohnnyGTI75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I don't own, but I do manage....so I get paid no matter what.....lol Yes, I agree the stock tires are junk so I'm going to have fun burning them off once it's stops snowing...haha. Then I'll look at upgraded tires. Concerning wheels....I don't mind the look of the stock set, but they are heavy and I understand completely on the weight/width/offset of aftermarket wheels....just haven't pulled the trigger yet. But with my increased power, I may have to go aftermarket just to have as much rubber as possible to the ground. Thanks for the comments and I appreciate your feedback.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Cool man. Nice buy but I'm asking myself, did I buy the most popular color of the car? All I ever see are white mk7s everywhere. At least here in Northern Jersey. I feel like it's the only color GTI they produced for the mk7. Meanwhile when I had Carbon Steel Grey on the Mk6, I felt like White was the unique color and seeing one was like, woaa!! The Carbon Steel Grey for sure felt like the common color and I would see those everywhere.

I still dig the white but damn, I wish I had a blind fold on every time I saw another GTI here. Heck, at my gym, when I park, it's 3 other white Mk7s in the lot with me. 2 GTIs (not including mine) and 1 R. I'm like, yeah... I'm not going to even try to outdo the other ones in the looks department. It's like each one trying so hard to stand out from the other, lol.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Cool man. Nice buy but I'm asking myself, did I buy the most popular color of the car? All I ever see are white mk7s everywhere. At least here in Northern Jersey. I feel like it's the only color GTI they produced for the mk7. Meanwhile when I had Carbon Steel Grey on the Mk6, I felt like White was the unique color and seeing one was like, woaa!! The Carbon Steel Grey for sure felt like the common color and I would see those everywhere.

I still dig the white but damn, I wish I had a blind fold on every time I saw another GTI here. Heck, at my gym, when I park, it's 3 other white Mk7s in the lot with me. 2 GTIs (not including mine) and 1 R. I'm like, yeah... I'm not going to even try to outdo the other ones in the looks department. It's like each one trying so hard to stand out from the other, lol.

Yes you did.

1614093488423.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Welcome to the club....GO BUCKS!

JohnnyGTI75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

I went with the silver white metallic because it wasn't white and it wasn't black (which I'll never own another black car again...lol.) I really love the way the car looks like a different shade in various outside lighting conditions.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I went with the silver white metallic because it wasn't white and it wasn't black (which I'll never own another black car again...lol.) I really love the way the car looks like a different shade in various outside lighting conditions.

I think I would of tried silver if I hadn't already owned a silver car in the past and told myself I was tired of that color. At the time, I thought silver was the more common produced color.

Silver with either gun metal rims or darker shade gold looks real nice.