GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member from Brooklyn

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Thanks yo! I'd love to meet some fellow VW owners around. Hit me up.

There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway.

About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner.

Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...et-up-June-17-10-am&p=112981327#post112981327

Since I'm in downtown bk, I'm close to Juliana's and Grimaldi's. They're both great. But TBH, I just order Papa John's instead cause I'm lazy. And they have that butter garlic sauce. Mmmmm.
Never been to Spumoni. Might have to venture there at some point.

I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good.

I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway.

About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner.

Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...et-up-June-17-10-am&p=112981327#post112981327

I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good.

I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.
I used to live 2 blocks from that pizza place. Bay Ridge Sushi (3rd between 69th and Ovington) is a good place, btw.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
There is some interest for a meet in Oceanside, NY at a coffee shop called 'Caffeine' which is also at a train station so there is plenty of parking on the weekend. The owner of that shop drives a MK7 R and has suggested a meet on Feb 2 or 3rd. Mind you it will be cold but he says the coffee shop has room for us to hang out in...as long as it's not a crazy amount of people anyway. About 4 have already expressed interest including navindralr, myself and the coffee shop owner. Here is a link to the thread on vortex, please join if you haven't and chime in on which day you prefer.

Done. I voted for the 2nd since the 3rd is the Superbowl. :D

I personalize like Elegante on 69th and 3rd in Bay Ridge. I've had Grimaldi's and Spumoni which are both good. I think people in NYC go for places like Papa Johns for the convince and price. I mean it's a way cheaper and you know what you are getting. If I want pizza I head to Elegante since I'm close to them but still have to pass other pizza places to get to them. For me they have the right amount of sauce and cheese and just have a great taste. But everyone is different and not all NYC pizza is good that's for sure.

I don't mess with Papa John's... anymore. Not since I found those delicious Red Baron frozen pizzas. Best in Brooklyn.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I used to live 2 blocks from that pizza place. Bay Ridge Sushi (3rd between 69th and Ovington) is a good place, btw.

Nice, any other good food spots you recommend in Bay Ridge?

Done. I voted for the 2nd since the 3rd is the Superbowl. :D

I don't mess with Papa John's... anymore. Not since I found those delicious Red Baron frozen pizzas. Best in Brooklyn.

Yeah, good point about making it for that Saturday. I suggested a 9am-12pm time as well.

Red Baron, no way. Tombstone FTW. Lol.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
If you all ever find yourselves on the UES, check out Mariellas Pizza.
That was my favorite spot. Also lived over it hah.

EDIT:
Plus one of the dudes that worked there (maybe like a manager or something?) drove a MK6 GTI (when he drove).

Last edited:

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice, any other good food spots you recommend in Bay Ridge?

Yeah, good point about making it for that Saturday. I suggested a 9am-12pm time as well.

Red Baron, no way. Tombstone FTW. Lol.
I like sushi a lot, so I recommend Fushimi on 4th ave and 90 something street. It's a little more expensive ($$$), but they have some great rolls. And I think it has a full bar.

Not in Bay Ridge, but Chikurin Sushi on Kings Hwy and in Sheepshead Bay are pretty nice places too.

Now there was an Italian food store on the corner of 3rd and Ovington, don't know if it's still there. They had theeeee bestest garlic knots. And they baked their own bread which was great.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
so what's the next mod for the two door rocket?
I just put weatherTech license plate frames on it, getting rid of the dealer plate frames lol.

Still have the aerofabb spoiler extension to install as well. That's just chilling in my place waiting for me to get some time.

Next purchase is most likely black exhaust tips since the wife is opposed to loud exhausts. For now.

my autocorrect is a ducking duck

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
Funny thing is, 3 years ago when I moved here from Seattle, I thought the same thing. So, I sold my 2007 Pontiac G5.

3 years later, I now own this GTI, a Ducati, and a Triumph because no one drives in NYC. :rolleyes:

Another Triumph from Seattle, Kirkland really...

2014 Scrambler, though I'm thinking of selling and getting either a new Speed Twin or Thruxton.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
hmm.. def need a downpipe. Wouldn't be too loud with stock exhaust. Also which Triumph dealer do you go to? The one in williamsburg on Metropolitan?

If it gets ANY louder than now, my wife will be very disappointed in me lol
After the engine/tranny mounts, she definitely noticed the noise increase from the engine. Sigh.

And I bought my Triumph from the Westchester dealership.

Another Triumph from Seattle, Kirkland really... 2014 Scrambler, though I'm thinking of selling and getting either a new Speed Twin or Thruxton.

Nice bike! Love the matte blue! I used to live in Seattle for 5 years, down in South Lake Union (amazon land). My good buddy in Seattle is the one who turned me onto Triumphs. He's on the new bobber now. Love these bikes!

Speed twins are great but those Thrux... mmmph! Yes please!