GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member, build ideas...

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
I see, the article sheds light on that. Should’ve done a bit more reading on that.. dealer was definitely big on claiming LSD.. they and myself stand corrected

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
E85 is EVERYWHERE and there’s a Kum and go on every corner. I hear you though, it’s kinda gone downhill now.. I came from South Dakota though and been here 22 years. Nothing as as bad as Pierre, SD. Lol
I could only imagine. Spent a big chunk of my life in the springs. Got my undergrad at UCCS, married my wife and had three kids there. I still have family in the area and go back every couple of years but would never move back. I sure do miss the back country hiking though and seeing the early snow on Pikes Peak. Welcome to the forum, you have plenty of GIs wanting to race on Academy or Powers, haha.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Oh man... flat brimmed = at least 60whp for sure! Now this is probably going to sound dumb so forgive me in advance everyone lol New FMIC, do you leave stock intercooler in place? Everything I’m researching seems as it stays there and I see there is a delete kit, is it worth It?
If you're going to go through the trouble of removing the old IC when installing an FMIC, you might as well just get a Stock location upgraded IC. Part of a FMIC is the ease of install. Normally you just cap off the old IC and call it a day.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I see, the article sheds light on that. Should’ve done a bit more reading on that.. dealer was definitely big on claiming LSD.. they and myself stand corrected
It’s end function is still to provide more traction to the slipping wheel though, and I mean the Vaq unit still
“Works” with my car that’s in the 450 hp range, but it’s def. noticeable that even straight line traction the systems being overworked and getting confused as it’s not a smooth TQ vectoring feel as I WOT blast the car.

But I’m for sure going to swap the open diff for a wavetrac diff soon.

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
If you're going to go through the trouble of removing the old IC when installing an FMIC, you might as well just get a Stock location upgraded IC. Part of a FMIC is the ease of install. Normally you just cap off the old IC and call it a day.
I’m more than likely doing that, FMIC, just cap stock and call it good

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

That's the VW marketing dept. Bullsh1T working then....as I said in the intro...

Plenty of other VW parts upgrades....

Front aero or reinforced skid tray
front exhaust tunnel cover
rear exhaust tunnel cover
rear axle short cover
rear lower arms (mk8) aero covers
Rear harmonic damper
RS3 front arm brake air guides
bigger battery mod
door exit warning lights
Porsche Macan (4 pot Brembo) or Audi TT-S (4 pot ATE) calipers
Remove the VAQ unit & existing open diff & fit a Wavetrak...

Just doing the above will mean better aero & grip & braking......will also lighten the wallet...!!

EDIT....swap out the battery for an Antigravity LiFePO4 ...even on their biggest H6 size (60Ah) you'll save 12kgs in weight at least!!

Last edited: