GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member, build ideas...

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Welcome to the forum, here's a flowchart for some of the more common build paths for the mk7. One tip I will give you, the platform attracts a lot of snake-oil or low impact modifications that provide no real benefits, or no benefits below 400hp. Things like intake, turbo muffler delete, aftermarket diverter valves, diverter valve spacers, and turbo inlet elbows can be avoided. You can easily find yourself 1k into modifications while having done nothing significant to your engine.

If you're interested in the JB4 I have one I am getting ready to list here on the forums for purchase. I have the JB4, Bluetooth connect kit, and an inline oxygen sensor extension wire that allows you to install the JB4 without puncturing or tapping any cables. Send me a PM if interested, well over $500 value I would let go for 300 + shipping.

Attachments

• hYpsN_qvMOWZlI4Kw-BoiqpKWmrBeBxMY7qRZGIqtBo.png
    hYpsN_qvMOWZlI4Kw-BoiqpKWmrBeBxMY7qRZGIqtBo.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 88

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
300hp? Easy! It’s just like a Subaru, paint the wheels gold and toss on some red mud flaps.

Oh and vape, lots of vape.

Welcome to the VAG world.

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Welcome to the forum, here's a flowchart for some of the more common build paths for the mk7. One tip I will give you, the platform attracts a lot of snake-oil or low impact modifications that provide no real benefits, or no benefits below 400hp. Things like intake, turbo muffler delete, aftermarket diverter valves, diverter valve spacers, and turbo inlet elbows can be avoided. You can easily find yourself 1k into modifications while having done nothing significant to your engine.

If you're interested in the JB4 I have one I am getting ready to list here on the forums for purchase. I have the JB4, Bluetooth connect kit, and an inline oxygen sensor extension wire that allows you to install the JB4 without puncturing or tapping any cables. Send me a PM if interested, well over $500 value I would let go for 300 + shipping.
Love the flow chart, had a nice laugh reading and makes sense!

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Love the flow chart, had a nice laugh reading and makes sense!
Even though the flowchart doesn't mention it, I still recommend EQT for the tuning no matter which route you go. In fact, outside of a few niche scenarios with less than a handful of members, I think just about everyone feels the same way. Also no matter what you decide, make sure you avoid COBB off-the-shelf tunes.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
If you’re upgrading your turbo and/or pushing beyond stage one power levels, a mod you won’t ever see mentioned that is incredibly beneficial is a limited slip differential. Pricey and a pain to install, it’s really not a wonder why most people don’t do it/recommend it, but believe me... it’s fucking worth it if you’re serious about your build.

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Not with red mud flaps, breh. Oh and a flat brimmed hat!
Oh man... flat brimmed = at least 60whp for sure! Now this is probably going to sound dumb so forgive me in advance everyone lol New FMIC, do you leave stock intercooler in place? Everything I’m researching seems as it stays there and I see there is a delete kit, is it worth It?

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
If you’re upgrading your turbo and/or pushing beyond stage one power levels, a mod you won’t ever see mentioned that is incredibly beneficial is a limited slip differential. Pricey and a pain to install, it’s really not a wonder why most people don’t do it/recommend it, but believe me... it’s fucking worth it if you’re serious about your build.
I believe I have one already stock?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7