GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New law suit over VW water pumps

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Honestly, if all the plaintiff has is one water pump replacement 16K miles after the powertrain warranty is up, does he really stand a chance? That’s a weak case IMO. Something aggregating data on repeated replacements in + out of warranty would be way more substantive...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was at 22k on my 16 when I bought it and it was leaking already. Thankfully I had the power train warranty still.
Water pump and thermostat housing are still covered under warranty even if your powertrain warranty is voided.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Honestly, if all the plaintiff has is one water pump replacement 16K miles after the powertrain warranty is up, does he really stand a chance? That’s a weak case IMO. Something aggregating data on repeated replacements in + out of warranty would be way more substantive...
They should be able to get this info in discovery. Since it's the same waterpump p/n as the other class action and the lawyers just missed them in that other case (I mean, they were only paid 2.4million, what do you expect for that?) They should be able to lean heavily on that data.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
My dealer replaced mine under warranty when I was hybrid turbo and FBO 's. Hell they were admiring my dyno printout that I keep in the door pocket. Water pump and thermostat housing have nothing to do with the powertrain.
Makes sense

My wife's 2020 gli has had the very slow overflow leak since day 1. While my GTI has an even slower leak. Also since day 1. I can't find where the fluid is leaking from at all.