GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New law suit over VW water pumps

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I read the entire thread. Sometimes it takes a different set of eyes. Shouldnt just assume people are lazy. Thank you for your help.

Not knocking you at all.

There are other threads about this topic that go into pretty good detail as well, if you want to check those out.

I live in AZ and the temperature here is 116 degrees today. My temps are perfectly stable. If you are tracking the car and really beating on it, there's a chance it's going to struggle to keep temps down, but for normal driving, you shouldn't see typical heating / cooling cycles causing any issues. If anything, being at optimal temps is a good thing, as the car will run like crap if you don't get up to temp.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was told they did. I looked from the underside and did not see anything that would raise concerns either. They put a dye in the system so maybe they will see something if I bring it back to them in the future for service.
All I know is if you are having to add coolant it's leaking somewhere. Hopefully the dye does the trick.
II'm lucky I have a good dealer. They're the one who told me that my thermostat housing was leaking.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The MK5s had the crack pipe issue where coolant would pool under the car but people couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

The MK6s had more issues with timing chain tensioners, but I've heard of issues with the cooling systems leaking on those as well.

The MK7s are the one's where the water pump & thermo housing have have multiple part revisions. Not sure whey they can't seem to fix them.
Thnx for the info

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Not knocking you at all.

There are other threads about this topic that go into pretty good detail as well, if you want to check those out.

I live in AZ and the temperature here is 116 degrees today. My temps are perfectly stable. If you are tracking the car and really beating on it, there's a chance it's going to struggle to keep temps down, but for normal driving, you shouldn't see typical heating / cooling cycles causing any issues. If anything, being at optimal temps is a good thing, as the car will run like crap if you don't get up to temp.

I will definitely find and read those threads. I am very intrigued by this and wanting to learn more about the system in general. Thanks!

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I know there's a better revision of the combo part. Anyway to check if mine has been replaced?

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I know there's a better revision of the combo part. Anyway to check if mine has been replaced?

I've looked to see when the part revisions happened, but can't find anything. The dealerships don't even have the information, and if they do they don't share it with the general public.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
totally with you on this one. Frankly, if vw doesn’t begin sorting these shitty third party parts, this GTI will be the last vw Audi product I’ll ever buy.

and I’m sure vw and Audi will be fine without my repeat purchase. I’m just not willing to buy from an entity that won’t put as much effort into better third party parts as they did cheating emissions. Where the fuck did that energy go?

I said that exact thing when both the water pump and aux water pump failed on my 93 Corrado at 37,000 miles. That was out of warranty back then. You have to lift the engine and tilt it to get to the water pump. You also have to be very careful not to snag any of the oil lines. Ask me how I know.

Here I am still buying these damn things.

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S