New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine took 9 days.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I emailed them and they said that it shipped on the 10th.

So did you guys put it over the Konig sticker or right on the cap? I didn't use the stickers that Konig provided.

Thanks!

CozzaFrenzy808

Finally received my wheels from Fitment Industries. It took 2 weeks from the day I placed the order.

I bought the Gloss Bronze on 245/40/18 Indy 500s.

I inspected the wheels, and have a couple concerns.

First, I found there were a few light scratches on the inner barrel of the wheel. One of the wheels has some kind of curb rash on the inside part of the wheel. The outside of the wheels are perfect though. Although i'm never going to look at the inside part of the wheels, it kinda sucks knowing there are imperfections like those scratches.

Second, Two of the wheels do not have any weights on them. Is it normal for "balanced" wheels to not have any weights? One of the wheels has five 1/2oz weights and another has one 1oz weight.

Third, I didn't receive any center caps with the wheels. I am gonna shoot them an email hoping they can provide me with the center caps. If not, does anyone know where to buy center caps? Konigs website says they are available for purchase through any Konig retailer. I might just have to call them up.

Overall, i'm happy I finally have my wheels.

Last edited:

funks

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what's up with your wheels. We're they new or returns, each wheel should be in it's own box, and the center caps are in enclosed in bubble wrap / and foam covering - usually taped on the inside of the box ( checked your box?)

I bought two sets of these wheels and no problems here. Would've really weird if you got 4 different boxes with no center caps. We're they drop shipped from Konig?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jarbear

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what's up with your wheels. We're they new or returns, each wheel should be in it's own box, and the center caps are in enclosed in bubble wrap / and foam covering - usually taped on the inside of the box ( checked your box?)

I bought two sets of these wheels and no problems here. Would've really weird if you got 4 different boxes with no center caps. We're they drop shipped from Konig?

I think he ordered them with tires pre-mounted/balanced.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Finally received my wheels from Fitment Industries. It took 2 weeks from the day I placed the order.

I bought the Gloss Bronze on 245/40/18 Indy 500s.

I inspected the wheels, and have a couple concerns.

First, I found there were a few light scratches on the inner barrel of the wheel. One of the wheels has some kind of curb rash on the inside part of the wheel. The outside of the wheels are perfect though. Although i'm never going to look at the inside part of the wheels, it kinda sucks knowing there are imperfections like those scratches.

Second, Two of the wheels do not have any weights on them. Is it normal for "balanced" wheels to not have any weights? One of the wheels has five 1/2oz weights and another has one 1oz weight.

Third, I didn't receive any center caps with the wheels. I am gonna shoot them an email hoping they can provide me with the center caps. If not, does anyone know where to buy center caps? Konigs website says they are available for purchase through any Konig retailer. I might just have to call them up.

The company may have wiped down the barrels before balancing and could have put hairline scratches in them. It is inevitable to get marks on the barrel of the wheel and you can't see them so while I understand its annoying, it won't matter once on the car.

It is not common for there to be no weights, but not impossible. If you've put them on and and you get zero vibrations I wouldn't worry about it.

The center caps come with the wheels in the box, sounds like the company just forgot to send them to you. I'm sure if you call they will send them out.

Post some pics,

CozzaFrenzy808

I think he ordered them with tires pre-mounted/balanced.

That is correct. This is my first time buying a set of wheels, so I figured I would go with Fitment Industries since they mount and balance the wheels, and ship them by freight.

The wheels are new, but did not come in their own box as they are mounted and balanced. They were individually packaged and shipped on a pallet. Thanks for the reply ?

funks

Ready to race!
hopefully Konig sends you some without charging you for it.

Probably better to get FI to fix it, as they are the one that mounted the tires and shipped it to you. They probably forgot to include them, and caused the marks on the wheel.

Honestly, I would not worry about the inside part of the barrel. Most shops leave jaw marks in there as well, it's how they secure the wheel when putting the tire on it.

My assumption is that FI ( given they specialize in wheels ) puts an effort to handle the wheels with care. Better to get your local shop to mount it ( take pictures before hand, tell them to handle it with care ). I normally talk to the manager, talk to who is gonna a mount, slip him a tip and it usually comes out unscathed.

When it's time for new tires and for some reason, they use one of those clip on weights on the lip of the wheel, I pull it out before handing it to them as they usually spin those things and scratch up the rim.

Last edited:

CozzaFrenzy808

Here are a couple of pictures I took last night while looking over the wheels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

funks

Ready to race!
Not sure why FI would ship it like that to you, given that this stuff is supposed to be their Forte ( or is that just YouTube BS?l

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure why FI would ship it like that to you, given that this stuff is supposed to be their Forte ( or is that just YouTube BS?l

Unsure if it's BS or not but most WI car scene guys know the owner of the company since he's started a state wide club.