GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

funks

Ready to race!
I ordered the 30mm one as you recommended. Next time I remove the wheels, i'll measure how much of the shank is sticking out

17mm "sticking out" (or 2/3 inch) from the wheel pad seems to be the recommended number.

K, I just got the lug 30mm length lug bolts, and they stick out about 22.5 MM - so a bit long (should still work as long as it doesn't bottom out). The correct lug nut length for the Ampliforms are about 24mm - or basically, get stock length ones (27mm shank length).

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
K, I just got the lug 30mm length lug bolts, and they stick out about 22.5 MM - so a bit long (should still work as long as it doesn't bottom out). The correct lug nut length for the Ampliforms are about 24mm - or basically, get stock length ones (27mm shank length).
Weird, 30mm is perfect for my Hypergrams. Discount Tire included 1" shank (25.4mm) bolts and I was only getting 5 full turns. Exchanged them for 30mm (Gorilla 17019) and now getting ~8 turns, perfect fit. I wouldn't really recommend those exact bolts though, key isn't compatible with stock lug wrench.

funks

Ready to race!
Weird, 30mm is perfect for my Hypergrams. Discount Tire included 1" shank (25.4mm) bolts and I was only getting 5 full turns. Exchanged them for 30mm (Gorilla 17019) and now getting ~8 turns, perfect fit. I wouldn't really recommend those exact bolts though, key isn't compatible with stock lug wrench.

Picture below with the depth gauge is the ECS tuning 30mm lug bolts. It sticks around 22.5 mm from the wheel mating surface.

17mm seems to be the standard engagement the industry follows for proper sizing, the OEM hub threads is recessed about 3mm or so, so 27mm or 28mm shank lengths would be perfect (stock size). Will save some weight - j/k - lol. No interference it seems with the 30mm lug bolts though.

ECS Tuning 14x1.5x28mm Cone Seat Wheel Bolts, Blank Zinc Coated!

Last edited:

funks

Ready to race!
Yup! I have the dekagrams, but experiencing wobble so about to put up a new thread to see if anyone else has them and if they got wobble.

Wobble? that's weird. On how many rims? Your tire installer should have been able to tell you if there were something wrong with the wheels on the balancing machine before they installed it on the car.

Are you using the proper hubcenter rings? You need 66.6 -> 57.1 hub centric rings. If you don't have them, installing the wheels may not be perfectly centered on the hub and you'll get all kinds of problems.

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
New Ampliforms installed today and also decided to add the APR TCU tune to my APR Stage 1 ECU tune(APR running 15% off this month). Best decision I've made yet, the TCU tune is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk