GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Looks good man, what size PS4S's are they?
Currently running 245/40's on my ampliforms. Had to play around with the front fender liner a bit, but I've managed to avoid rubbing with my current setup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

racerx20

Ready to race!
Mine are on order at Discount, should be here any day. I have looked at this thread daily since finding these wheels in anticipation :D

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
CarPro Dlux is specifically designed for coating wheels and calipers. It doesn't last quite as long as Cquartz does on paint, but Dlux is designed to withstand temps as high as 800 degrees. Dlux is likely your best bet.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
any particular reason ya'll are going 245/40 instead of 235/40? Is it just for more beefy look and rim protection? I'm kinda back and forth on the beefy look, I like it! it looks neat, just worried that once I go that route I'll kick myself and have to exchange tires lol

racerx20

Ready to race!
any particular reason ya'll are going 245/40 instead of 235/40? Is it just for more beefy look and rim protection? I'm kinda back and forth on the beefy look, I like it! it looks neat, just worried that once I go that route I'll kick myself and have to exchange tires lol

I'm in the same dilemma, leaning to the 235 just to avoid any rubbing issues but the 245 looks good! :confused:

Jarbear

Ready to race!
CarPro Dlux is specifically designed for coating wheels and calipers. It doesn't last quite as long as Cquartz does on paint, but Dlux is designed to withstand temps as high as 800 degrees. Dlux is likely your best bet.

I would agree. I only used cquartz because of the leftover I had after using it on the rest of the car. Didn't want to waste it :D

I'm in the same dilemma, leaning to the 235 just to avoid any rubbing issues but the 245 looks good! :confused:

235/40 is too stretched for my taste. You can use either 235 or 245, all personal preference. Just be aware that some brand 235s are as wide as other brands 245s. I have had ZERO rubbing with 245s so far (fender screw mod done)

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
How is the road feel with these and 245's? Any NVH? I get a constant nervous vib. with my stockers right now. Want a slightly cushier feel...will probably go with michelins p4s

racerx20

Ready to race!
Got my Ampliforms installed today, love them! Swapped the stock tires since they only have 7K miles on them. When they wear out going 235/40 or 245/40 still haven't decided. Also have my VW center cap emblems on the way. My favorite mod so far! Black lugs are on order, they accidentally ordered chrome.

Last edited:

Jarbear

Ready to race!
How is the road feel with these and 245's? Any NVH? I get a constant nervous vib. with my stockers right now. Want a slightly cushier feel...will probably go with michelins p4s

It’s a tough comparison for me. I don’t mind the ride quality of the 245s, especially being a summer tire with a stiffer sidewall. Stiffer than my previous all seasons.

Looks good!

racerx20

Ready to race!
Lol, will get right on that!