GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

New is12 1/4 mile record

johnnloki

Go Kart Champion
He's fwd tiptronic. Not sure the tires. 18" wheels. 60' isnt great, but not bad. Probably just summers
A 2.183 60 foot looks to be pretty close to spectacular for a FWD MQB on street rubber.

2.106 is the fastest 60' on a Gti on street rubber, with the Average street 60 being a 2.302 (including some cars with VAQ diffs in that listing).

12.78@109.78with2.106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcx3f4_joIc

13.18@108.59with2.183 on a smaller engine, smaller turbo, "worse" transmission... I would be okay with that 60'.

TwinDad

Drag Race Newbie
I think Blade3562 holds the record for mk7 fwd street tire 60ft at 2.071 with the 5 speed manual. He also had the IS12 record until now.
Blade was also on 15" I think for that run. I always felt the jb4 on e30 was stronger than any flash tune. Yes the e30 helps a lot, but definitely not bad for a piggyback only

ZuMBLe

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Had a local guy log his stock JB4 GTI with Map 0 on 93, then fill up on the tank to E30. Instantly 3-3.5 degrees of advance anywhere the car was giving timing. I'll bet if it were cooler out, the numbers would be even better. Logs were taken same day. IATs for the 93 log was 10 degrees hotter than the E30 log so I can't say it was 100% fair comparison, but we're talking 95 degrees vs 105.

Well yea, e30 is huge, 30+ hp difference. Far larger than the difference between a flash and the jb4.

MeltedSolid

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
2015 Golf, e36 328i
I don't know about that. My car with a APR flash and JB4 hated ethanol. :mad:

With ED my HP_F values are in the teens again, so I'll try some E30 again soon.
Really? Bad ethanol station? It truely is a 30-35 whp difference for me between e30 and just 91. It is 91 though so it would probably less of a difference for people not on the west coast.

Faceman

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'17 GSW 4Motion
I don't know about that. My car with a APR flash and JB4 hated ethanol. :mad:

With ED my HP_F values are in the teens again, so I'll try some E30 again soon.
My car loved straight 100 octane with APR and +3 psi stack.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Really? Bad ethanol station? It truely is a 30-35 whp difference for me between e30 and just 91. It is 91 though so it would probably less of a difference for people not on the west coast.
Not sure what was happening. My car would boost oscillate when at WOT when the E30 was in the tank. Car was fine after E30 was gone and 93 back in.

Faceman

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'17 GSW 4Motion
Not sure what was happening. My car would boost oscillate when at WOT when the E30 was in the tank. Car was fine after E30 was gone and 93 back in.
Either bad fuel or you were beyond the fuel system capacity.

ZuMBLe

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Either bad fuel or you were beyond the fuel system capacity.

I'll have to try another ethanol station when I experiment again. Maybe invest in one of those cheap testers.

ZuMBLe

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
The stations I used are about 40 minutes east of there.

Wow that's real far. I'd burn a whole bunch of fuel just going home. Let me know which one anyway. I may hit it up if I'm further east at some point.

TwinDad

Drag Race Newbie
You're not the only one. Just about everyone who runs the APR is20 or is38 has trouble with actual e30. It seems like 3 gallons to a tank is the max they can do. All have the same issue as you had. Most just stick with 2 gallons so they can keep clean timing while adding a little more with a stack. Full e30 will actually be around 4 gallons or more on a fwd and around 4.5 on 4motion. they have a larger tank. I run around 4-4.5 gallons per tank of 93 on the jb4. e85 is rarely full 85% and pump 93 is rarely 10%. If it was, 4.5 gallons would give me around e35. So I'm right in the mix with the 4-4.5

ZuMBLe

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
You're not the only one. Just about everyone who runs the APR is20 or is38 has trouble with actual e30. It seems like 3 gallons to a tank is the max they can do. All have the same issue as you had. Most just stick with 2 gallons so they can keep clean timing while adding a little more with a stack. Full e30 will actually be around 4 gallons or more on a fwd and around 4.5 on 4motion. they have a larger tank. I run around 4-4.5 gallons per tank of 93 on the jb4. e85 is rarely full 85% and pump 93 is rarely 10%. If it was, 4.5 gallons would give me around e35. So I'm right in the mix with the 4-4.5
I never got to try E20. I'll likely do E20, then full E30 when I dip back in to the corn.