GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Guy in Orlando Florida

07_Arya

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Hey, Y'all! Super excited to officially be an owner of a 2019 GTI Autobahn! Been a VW lover for years now, I owned a 2016 Passat 1.8T that I put an APR downpipe and cat-back exhaust and a stage 2 tune on. Once I hit 80K, I traded it in for the 2018 VW Atlas 3.6 VR6 SE W/Tech. Sadly there aren't many aftermarket performance add-ons, so other than replace the tires and rims it stayed mostly stock. I hit 79k miles with it last week and as usual, when I was in getting its 80k service, the sales manager approached me with a great deal on the last 2019 GTI Autobahn on his lot. As I stated earlier, I am happy to finally be in the GTI family and I am super stoked about getting the 2019 year, as it has the 72k bumper-to-bumper warranty. (In case you haven't noticed I average roughly 35K-40K a year, so it is nice to have coverage.)

Without further ado... Meet "Arya"
(Sorry for flashing ya'll, window tint is getting put on tomorrow!)

Arya.jpeg

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Welcome. How did the Atlas treat you for those 80K?
We just bought a '19 SE w/Tech but we opted for the 2.0T.
Got it back in August and are just about to hit 9K miles in it.
So far so good...

07_Arya

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Welcome. How did the Atlas treat you for those 80K?
We just bought a '19 SE w/Tech but we opted for the 2.0T.
Got it back in August and are just about to hit 9K miles in it.
So far so good...

It was great, the only complaint I had was a weird noise coming from the torque converter when starting off in first gear and you can hear it when you turn the vehicle off. VW is aware of the noise and told me repeatedly that it was normal operation.

I personally think the 2.0t would be better than the Vr6 since you can get a tune for it (APR has a sick demo Atlas that is green and totally badass) produces 291-319 HP with 317-348 FT-LBS of torque depending on fuel grade

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.37.21 AM.png

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah the noise is definitely a known issue, along with assorted coolant issues and some suspension noises.
We personally don't have any of those problems, at least not yet hah.
I'm actually quite happy the the 2.0T. I was VERY reluctant till I actually drove it.
It's not quick in any sense of the word lol, but it's a huge SUV, it does not need to be, and it's quick enough.
I just wish they would have offered it in 4Motion. I think that is something that will be offered in 2021.
The new Crosssport or whatever already has a 2.0T/4Motion option.
I'm rambling. Thanks for the info!

07_Arya

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Yea, I had a coolant leak but they fixed it and I never had another problem. I would be curious about what the real-world MPG will be for the 2.0T. I religiously track my gas mileage on the VR6, and the majority of my miles are all highways with the cruise set between 81-83mph and I averaged 20mpg. The highest MPG I ever got was when I drove up to DC last summer and I had two tanks come in averaging 26mpg on one and 27mpg on the other. I will be curious to see how the 2.0T does in the real-world!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That's actually really good.
The longest trip so far with this one was to Mississippi and back.
On the way home it was 597 miles, 9:55 hrs, Av. 60mph, Av. 26.5mpg.

We went to Orlando and back this weekend (so about 80-90 miles) and on the way home got a little over 28mpg average.
I don't typically track it. I just happened to have that info on my phone for the long trip, and remembered the average mpg from this past weekend.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Probably not. It is the wife's car and she does not care hah.
I'd also be a little concerned about how it puts the power down.
We have the 20's, and even still if you get on it while turning into traffic from a parking lot or something you can already spin them.
That is why I wish we had the 4motion option, otherwise I would have probably done it for sure.