GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI

Steve A

Ready to race!
I'm in the process of acquiring a new GTI and am curious as to whether, if I plan on getting a Stage one tune, if it makes any difference whether you start with a PP one or just a standard one ?? I understand about the brakes and differential but the question just pertains to the tune.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
For the tune It does not make a difference you'll get the same power numbers pp or not but if you got the cash get the pp the differential makes all the difference on how it puts the power down the breaks are just a extra bonus The differential provides a far superior driving experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve A

Ready to race!
Ok, Thanks. I do plan on getting the PP if I get a 2016, there is a new 2015 I'm considering if the price gets a little better but it only has the light package.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
Ok, Thanks. I do plan on getting the PP if I get a 2016, there is a new 2015 I'm considering if the price gets a little better but it only has the light package.

As far as I know the 2016's can not be flash tuned yet the ECU need to be taken out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVOX_SPEED3

Passed Driver's Ed
there are no flash tunes available outside of GIAC on a bench flash. the JB1 and NPM work on the 16s.

Yeah, I have the JB1 Map6 for the past couple of months now. I would be satisfied if it could just turn off the Speed/Rev Limiter.

themyst

Ready to race!
Yeah, I have the JB1 Map6 for the past couple of months now. I would be satisfied if it could just turn off the Speed/Rev Limiter.

I think that speed limiter is in place because the factory all-seasons they come with are H rated (130 mph). Which sucks if you don't have them anymore. I agree though, once these crappy P7's go bald, I'm definitely swapping them out for higher end all-seasons and a flash tune (or JB4 if it has a speed limit defeat).

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
I think that speed limiter is in place because the factory all-seasons they come with are H rated (130 mph). Which sucks if you don't have them anymore. I agree though, once these crappy P7's go bald, I'm definitely swapping them out for higher end all-seasons and a flash tune (or JB4 if it has a speed limit defeat).
Yeah, that was my 2nd mod (235 PSS tires), after the tint.

Always wanted a 335i like urs, but I couldn't find a manual version.