GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI owner here

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ditch those stock tires asap.
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

One more vote to upgrade those tires.

I'd normally 100% agree, but he lives in Chicago. If he's going to just change one A/S for another A/S tire, meh. If he's going to run dedicated summer and winter tires, I'm 100% on board.

BTW, I have a set of wheels that would be perfect for winter tires for sale. lol.

J-Torto

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI S
A RSB will reduce overall body roll and reduce understeer. It will still understeer, just less.

If it's a daily driver, that's all you really need. If I didn't sell my track car, my GTI would have remained stock, RSB, and better tires. It's really all you need.
Definitely will look into it that RSB. Any tires recommended? I'm not opposed to swapping out summer/winter.

J-Torto

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI S
Congrats on the new car! Post up some pics (y)
Here's some pics, as requested:
2020GTI_09252020g.jpg
2020GTI_09252020b.jpg
2020GTI_09252020d.jpg
2020GTI_09252020e.jpg

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Congrats !

On an unrelated note, is it just me or do the 7.5 cars look like they sit a little bit higher than the MK7 ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If MPS4 are more than you were looking to spend, I'm using the Falken FK510 on the street right now, but no doubt the MPS4 is in a different league.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Firestone Indy 500's are great too.

Yep, Indy 500 have stiffer side wall than the FK510 and feel sportier, FK510 a little more grip in the wet and are more comfortable. No shortage to good street tires out there. I've used both the Indy 500 and FK510 on either mine or my son's GTI. If I was on stock suspension, I think you're right, the Indy 500 are the way to go. I have stiffer springs and live in rainy Florida, so I went with the FK510.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I haven’t noticed that. I have noticed the autobahn sits about 1/4 - 1/2 inch lower. I think

Probably due to the extra weight.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Does S trim on 7.5s come with PP standard? Looks like it. 2017 S trim is basically just a Golf with a 2.0T and plaid seats. No joke. I’m still several thousand out from getting an Autotech LSD. That will require another fried clutch of course.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does S trim on 7.5s come with PP standard? Looks like it. 2017 S trim is basically just a Golf with a 2.0T and plaid seats. No joke. I’m still several thousand out from getting an Autotech LSD. That will require another fried clutch of course.

Not the 2018's. 2019, 2020, 2021 have PP standard on all trim levels.