GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD owner from Northern Ireland

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK8 GTI
Have to say really pleased how the GTD is starting to look now, just need the Golf R mirror caps to finish of the look

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Looks great love the new update to the front bumper on the mk7.5

Yes, the front bumper does look good and IMO, more aggressive than the one on the pre-facelift model.

The first batch of mk7.5 facelift GTI and GTD models manufactured for the UK market were mis-built without front fog lights being fitted, and VW said these couldn’t be retro-fitted :eek:. I wonder how many owners of mk7.5 GTI’s and GTD’s there are in the UK who don’t visit VW Golf forum sites and happily took delivery of their new cars without knowing this?

Dpcurrie

You are so right SRGTD diamond cut wheels for uk roads just don't work, i found a pic of here with the standard 18inch GTD wheels done in anthracite and they look really good and would work well with the my white GTD as it would give a good contrast. This is what i will do once they start to go.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Looking to get my diamond cut alloys painted. I’ve a grey gtd with norgora alloys - looking to paint them darker and paint calipers red. Any recommendations for where to get painted? I’m banbridge direction.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@Dpcurrie, I’m not in Northern Ireland, but the process used by these guys looks very thorough and comprehensive - pretty much like the process used by Lepsons in the UK (and Lepsons are considered to be one of the best wheel refurbishers in the UK by many of the UK members on various Golf forums).

Nu Luk Wheels are in Carrickfergus (BT38 8BT) so don’t know if that’s convenient for you or not. Link to their website;

https://www.nulukwheels.co.uk

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, the front bumper does look good and IMO, more aggressive than the one on the pre-facelift model.

The first batch of mk7.5 facelift GTI and GTD models manufactured for the UK market were mis-built without front fog lights being fitted, and VW said these couldn’t be retro-fitted :eek:. I wonder how many owners of mk7.5 GTI’s and GTD’s there are in the UK who don’t visit VW Golf forum sites and happily took delivery of their new cars without knowing this?

Mine was one of the first 7.5 GTDs - it came with no foglights. VW compensated every owner or gave them the option to reject the car.

I'm more than happy without them - gives it a more Clubsporty look at the front. For all the times you actually need foglights...LED headlights do the job.

PaulJoseph22

Ready to race!
Mine was one of the first 7.5 GTDs - it came with no foglights. VW compensated every owner or gave them the option to reject the car.

I'm more than happy without them - gives it a more Clubsporty look at the front. For all the times you actually need foglights...LED headlights do the job.

I’m undecided, new Audi’s don’t have them either. What is the reason?

Rob Carbon

You are so right SRGTD diamond cut wheels for uk roads just don't work, i found a pic of here with the standard 18inch GTD wheels done in anthracite and they look really good and would work well with the my white GTD as it would give a good contrast. This is what i will do once they start to go.

Those powder coated Nogaros look great, I'm thinking of doing the same to mine, are you running wheel spacers because your wheels seem to fill the arches better than mine?