GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Wheels Finally Installed

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
That's right it's called opinions. I just don't understand why anyone needs to tell the OP they don't like it. It doesn't matter if they like it . It's not their car. What's the point in expressing that. To hurt the OP's feelings or what. I understand supporting the OP by saying you like it. Pumps up their choice.
The internet is a mean place. Can't be on it if you can't handle seeing how people react. You actually instigated and made everything worse haha.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The internet is a mean place. Can't be on it if you can't handle seeing how people react. You actually instigated and made everything worse haha.

I dropped out of this a long time ago. Read all the posts before quoting.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I still believe what I said. But if you read my other posts you'll see that I said that I was wrong yet you have to bring it up again.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I know I shouldnt push this further because it actually died down, but I'm bored.

I feel like most people post on a forum not for opinions but for affirmation. Same reason people post on social media. "Likes" release dopamine and make you feel good. Which is why people get literal social media addictions, and why I don't post on social media and rarely use it anymore.

I guarantee theres TONS of people who have seen this thread and thought the wheels were ugly, but most people won't say what they really feel out of fear of hurting someones feelings. Same reason when you ask someone how they're doing, the response is rarely "oh im not doing great. moneys tight and....", its always "Good, you?" because thats the "right" response. Our society is all about small talk and giving congratulations. Do we NEED to tell people that we think their decisions are bad? Not at all, but we are allowed to do so and its not fair to get butthurt that someone disagrees with you.

NOBODY should feel the need to feel sorry for someone that someone else disagrees with their tastes. Getting offended on behalf of other people is worse than getting offended when someone disagrees with you

EDIT: I realize the irony in this post which sounds like I'm telling people how to feel and telling people theyre not allowed to get offended. But if you took my post that way then you interpreted it incorrectly

Thankfully OP is a reasonable person and understands these concepts. Its a rare thing nowadays

That's true, I hate the pretorias in black, but when people post them I don't make it a point to say they are ugly, I just skip the reply.
Say whatever you want on my posts. It just pushes them to the top anyway so more people see them! haha.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
That's true, I hate the pretorias in black, but when people post them I don't make it a point to say they are ugly, I just skip the reply.
Say whatever you want on my posts. It just pushes them to the top anyway so more people see them! haha.

Also some people comment on each and everything (even if doesnt add any value), just to increase their post count.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I’m only here cause my forum is weak sauce and PSU football may be cancelled. The wheels are awful:)