GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Owner mk7.5

peeta

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
IMG_0656.jpg

After 3 months of research and checking every local VW dealerships and car websites, I finally got my dream car. Purchased used @ 14K.

I loved my F30 but boy am I glad I made this move... what a beauty. I can't stop driving this thing... t's just TOO fun to drive. And the best of it being the ultimate sleeper car, and very rare to find one around socal.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
After 3 months of research and checking every local VW dealerships and car websites, I finally got my dream car. Purchased used @ 14K.

I loved my F30 but boy am I glad I made this move... what a beauty. I can't stop driving this thing... t's just TOO fun to drive. And the best of it being the ultimate sleeper car, and very rare to find one around socal.
Nice! How many miles on it?

peeta

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks guys! Glad to be part of this new community. Any tips/suggestions/secret handwaves are more than welcome :)

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
View attachment 185795

Congrats, I hear ya, 3 years later and I still love driving it every day 😎👍

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Welcome to the Dub Club! Think it's fun to drive now? Wait'll ya tune it!! 😲

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Still debating whether or not to wait til warranty's over to tune :unsure: what do you guys think

I was stage 2 before temp tags expired, no time to dilly dally, get after it!

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Still debating whether or not to wait til warranty's over to tune :unsure: what do you guys think
If you're happy with the stock power for now, just upgrade your handling and stiffen it up a bit and get better tires. Code in some comfort features (mirror dip, windows down with key fob) aesthetic upgrades or add a JB4 to start if you're worried.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If you're happy with the stock power for now, just upgrade your handling and stiffen it up a bit and get better tires. Code in some comfort features (mirror dip, windows down with key fob) aesthetic upgrades or add a JB4 to start if you're worried.

This is sound advice, OP. I’ve been running a JB1 Flawlessly on my R since 2017. It gives it some much needed spunk for the type of driving I do.

But after 3 years, I’m brining my car in to HPA today (9am PT) for my full Stage 2 project.

And since, you mentioned warranty. My car is a 2016, bought CPO in 2017. I spent almost $5000CAD on an extended warranty (5 additional years) thinking I’d keep it stock (thanks Petrolicious). Turns out, money just comes out my ass randomly.

Good luck!