GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R - ordered

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Since i have been spending literally half of my time on forums and reading reviews. I though i will drop a quick note here, i've ordered mine from Naboodah at SZR yesterday

Golf R SE 2016, Lapiz Blue with 19" Cadiz wheels, sunroof and DCC. Expected delivery time is June/July because of the custom order.

Has anyone else ordered a 2016 R? I am anxiously waiting for confirmation if the 16 will come with the MIB II audio interface which is supposed to have a slightly bigger screen and also Car Play.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Nice! congrats! I really do not understand Nabooda's order system. Their pre-specced cars are so not worth it!

Good on you for going custom.

Also how much extra did the charge for the dcc, or how much in total. The one without DCC was 180 when I last checked but came with pretoria rims and not cadiz and you had to choose NAV...

Option 2 was then 168

Base was 149

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hey,

So there are three options available

Basic with cam, parkassist, push start etc @ aed 153,500 (promotion price ongoing aed 149,500)

+ leather, 19" and sunroof for aed 169,000

+ nav, carbon leather dor aed 178,000

none of the above has DCC, Ali & Sons AUH offers DCC as standard but their base starts at 164k

I ordered the basic @ aed 153,500 (no promotion price available if you custom order) + dcc @ 3k + 19" @ 4k + 3.5k sunroof = 164k total

if you book their pre -specs booking amount is 2k if you custom order booking fee is 20% of car value.

I am happy that i was able to customise to what specs i need but yeah the wait till July is nuts!!!

Nice! congrats! I really do not understand Nabooda's order system. Their pre-specced cars are so not worth it!

Good on you for going custom.

Also how much extra did the charge for the dcc, or how much in total. The one without DCC was 180 when I last checked but came with pretoria rims and not cadiz and you had to choose NAV...

Option 2 was then 168

Base was 149

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Congrats on the order! Just a few comments...

1. What's Car Play?
2. I assume they gave you a lead time of 3 months which seems quite good cos I ordered my GTi in Feb and they gave me a lead time of 5 months. Not sure if they're different for different models.
3. I see you got DCC and was curious why you limited yourself to just that and not the driver profile selection as well. The reason I ask is because I ordered mine with DCC and the driver profile selection, which also allows you more options to control the behavior of the engine and transmission. And I got it all for the price of just the DCC. Maybe worth a shot..

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Thanks.

1) Car Play is Apples interface to the infotainment system, all new cars are in process of rolling it out. Its currently in its infancy stage and loaded with bugs, but you can also do software updates so the bugs will gradually be erased. a number of Apps are already included.
2) Yup 3-4 months, fingers crossed. Not sure bout the 5 months but can be because of the higher demand for the GTI's plus they get manufactured in different countries, the r is manufactured in Germany.
3) Ok you are scaring me now, i assumed that DCC came with driver profile selection as standard. Just so im clear

DCC- is the chasis control.
Profile selection- is the mode button on the right of the gear which allows you to choose between comfort, normal, race and individual right

I will need to recheck now. Did you buy the car from Naboodah if so, who was your sales rep ill intro him to mine so there is no confusion.

Thanks for the heads up, gotta love these forums!!!

Congrats on the order! Just a few comments...

1. What's Car Play?
2. I assume they gave you a lead time of 3 months which seems quite good cos I ordered my GTi in Feb and they gave me a lead time of 5 months. Not sure if they're different for different models.
3. I see you got DCC and was curious why you limited yourself to just that and not the driver profile selection as well. The reason I ask is because I ordered mine with DCC and the driver profile selection, which also allows you more options to control the behavior of the engine and transmission. And I got it all for the price of just the DCC. Maybe worth a shot..

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
So maybe the other thread might give you some better insight: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8021

I asked the dealer what the difference is and apparently Dynamic Chassis Control are the 3 modes which is comfort, normal (whatever normal might be on a golf R is still a mystery to me) and sport (in your case, race). You physically change this mode on a button that's on the left side of your gear shift. This feature only controls the suspension 'dynamically'.

The driver profile selection is 5 modes - eco, individual, normal, sport/race and comfort. And you physically select it on the centre console screen and works together with DCC. Apparently when both work together, it controls the suspension, engine, transmission, does something fancy with the interior lights, stiffens seat belt tensions and a whole world of technicalities that only VW understands.

If you do opt for it, you may want to get an amended invoice to write down specifically all the customized options you requested for (will help at the time of acceptance in case they get it wrong, which is never apparently). I made them do that, while fighting personal OCD issues. :D

Good luck with it and hope it all works out! :)

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info, thats exactly what i requested but your are right i need to get it on the invoice.

Guess ill be going back to the showroom on Sat again. Been there 5 times this week, they probably thought the wont have to see me again for another 3 months after i paid the upfront yest.

So maybe the other thread might give you some better insight: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8021

I asked the dealer what the difference is and apparently Dynamic Chassis Control are the 3 modes which is comfort, normal (whatever normal might be on a golf R is still a mystery to me) and sport (in your case, race). You physically change this mode on a button that's on the left side of your gear shift. This feature only controls the suspension 'dynamically'.

The driver profile selection is 5 modes - eco, individual, normal, sport/race and comfort. And you physically select it on the centre console screen and works together with DCC. Apparently when both work together, it controls the suspension, engine, transmission, does something fancy with the interior lights, stiffens seat belt tensions and a whole world of technicalities that only VW understands.

If you do opt for it, you may want to get an amended invoice to write down specifically all the customized options you requested for (will help at the time of acceptance in case they get it wrong, which is never apparently). I made them do that, while fighting personal OCD issues. :D

Good luck with it and hope it all works out! :)

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey,

So there are three options available

Basic with cam, parkassist, push start etc @ aed 153,500 (promotion price ongoing aed 149,500)

+ leather, 19" and sunroof for aed 169,000

+ nav, carbon leather dor aed 178,000

none of the above has DCC, Ali & Sons AUH offers DCC as standard but their base starts at 164k

I ordered the basic @ aed 153,500 (no promotion price available if you custom order) + dcc @ 3k + 19" @ 4k + 3.5k sunroof = 164k total

if you book their pre -specs booking amount is 2k if you custom order booking fee is 20% of car value.

I am happy that i was able to customise to what specs i need but yeah the wait till July is nuts!!!

Very smart custom order! Close to what I would have done, if I were to get the car haha. Good luck bud and thanks for the info :)

Did you go for the 19" Cadiz or 19" pretoria?

Ali and Sons offers Cadiz for all as most cars i've seen have 19" or 18", both cadiz.

IMO, Pretorias look a 100 times better

Edit** just saw that its cadiz in your signature to the left. My bad :p

Either way 19" cadiz is nice, the 18" on the base look just wrong

Last edited:

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hey, lol no worries mate like you said it's a matter of personal taste and choosing between the two has been incredibly difficult. The Pretoria's are brilliant I've spent a lot of time staring at both the rims and almost 90 percent of my friends have been pushing me for the Pretoria but I just find it a little too naked when I look at it dead straight but look at it from an angle and the Pretorias are definitely better. Eventually chose the one that woud make me smile every morning in the car park!(and in the process if it makes my friends frown from jealousy even better) lol

Very smart custom order! Close to what I would have done, if I were to get the car haha. Good luck bud and thanks for the info :)

Did you go for the 19" Cadiz or 19" pretoria?

Ali and Sons offers Cadiz for all as most cars i've seen have 19" or 18", both cadiz.

IMO, Pretorias look a 100 times better

Edit** just saw that its cadiz in your signature to the left. My bad :p

Either way 19" cadiz is nice, the 18" on the base look just wrong

Last edited:

Toxic R

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats !!!

Just wondering, Could you order a manual transmission in UAE if you wanted to? or Just DSG?

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Thanks mate!!:D

I havent asked the question, but the Dubai dealership seems to be open to almost any kind of customization. They were even willing to put the Santiago 19" wheels on my R, quoted a crazy price (USD 6K) but they were open to it.

I am visiting the dealership in 2 weeks as part of my fortnightly "any chance of getting the car faster" ritual, so will find out for you.

Congrats !!!

Just wondering, Could you order a manual transmission in UAE if you wanted to? or Just DSG?