GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
You're the only person I've seen suggest this.
And the reason 2019 GTIs are spec'd to use 0w20 is because the emissions requirements for the GTI are a bit stricter (See APR turdo megathread). Just run a 30 weight if that's actually a problem. For whatever reason, Garrett only listed up to 2018 on their compatibility list and that spawned a litany of conspiracy theories as to why you shouldn't use these turbos on a 2019+.

For instance, IE has this nonsense on their page for it:

This just.. isn't true? And the Garretts come with their own actuator anyway.
It was posted in the EQT group and it happened to a couple of people from Australia and this was the reasoning Garrett gave them according to the poster.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
It was posted in the EQT group and it happened to a couple of people from Australia and this was the reasoning Garrett gave them according to the poster.
The guy who was posting a video of his "friend's" car? If that was even real it's more likely he just overspun it. Just like this guy probably did.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Look what it says under my handle, and then see what it says under your handle, boy. Maybe then you'll understand when someone is kidding. Boy.
1650732135040.jpeg

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I'm not EQT tuned.. I have yet to pull the charger pipes off or dropped the oil pan.. I'm waiting to hear about the warranty. I think the motor is ok.. I didn't hear anything odd when it happened. when I slowed down it just stalled.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not EQT tuned.. I have yet to pull the charger pipes off or dropped the oil pan.. I'm waiting to hear about the warranty. I think the motor is ok.. I didn't hear anything odd when it happened. when I slowed down it just stalled.
But answer the key questions please, tune and boost?

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
how is the daily driveability on the S1 compared to is20/38

we are still finishing the maping, but driving seems to be a little jerky from 2700-3100, thats seems to be the spot that need smoothing out. and need to see why it overboosts on shifting :/ or going to buy a generic map from etuners or similiar