GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

scrllock

Autocross Champion
As far as I know, there's no mechanism to monitor shaft speed in the ECU. You can still watch the gauge manually if you want, and ecutek or winols may allow the flexibility to define new map interactions.
UM can add an input for speed sensors. Ecutek doesn't offer custom inputs at this point.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
UM can add an input for speed sensors. Ecutek doesn't offer custom inputs at this point.
I can confirm the second part of this. I've been back and forth with tech support. User defined maps are part of the 3rd phase of racerom rollout, and that's a ways off. That said, once they get a MK8 ECU, they may be able to patch the code into the mk7's, I don't know how that shit works.

Also I'm told Cobb is releasing flex first, but Ecutek has it done. Like, Cobb is forcing Ecutek to not release the update until after Cobb releases their flexfuel update.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
For a price tag of 1350 USD the 2260s is unbeatable, will see what tuners offer as end result
UGP has dynotuned the 2260 now on E85 keeping the shaftspeed under the limit they made 40hp more than an IS38 on GTI same setup.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I can confirm the second part of this. I've been back and forth with tech support. User defined maps are part of the 3rd phase of racerom rollout, and that's a ways off. That said, once they get a MK8 ECU, they may be able to patch the code into the mk7's, I don't know how that shit works.

Also I'm told Cobb is releasing flex first, but Ecutek has it done. Like, Cobb is forcing Ecutek to not release the update until after Cobb releases their flexfuel update.
Generally support doesn't know much of anything, I take everything they've told me with a giant grain of salt.

The Mk8 is simos 18.9 and a different motor. Sure, it has a speed sensor but custom inputs are different than blindly bringing in a table from a totally different ecu.

Flex might as well be a myth when it comes to the engineered performance brands. Hopefully they improve on the ethanol scaling past what's out there currently (just boost/timing).

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Generally support doesn't know much of anything, I take everything they've told me with a giant grain of salt.
very true! Depending on who you talk to that day the same it’s “being developed and soon to release” to “sorry that’s not being investigated right now so we don’t have an ETA”

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Seems like it would make more sense to just go hybrid is38, or if you really want a garret, go with the CTS GTX kits, though I haven't heard much about them in a while.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So that’s 400/420 to the wheels on E80 at 27.5 peak / 24.75 redline?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Pretty weak results for E. Seems Vortex Std is still the way to go to clip low 4s on 93 with good spool characteristics.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
To be fair that is a more restrictive dyno than a dynojet, I think they said a stock Golf R made 172wkw on the G25-660 video.
Ok cool. Then this turbo should get me to where I would want to be with a GSW/Alltrack.