GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Hoon

Autocross Champion
If the stage 1 map ends up being accurate it looks like it can reach around 19 psi by 2300 rpm. That's better than my IS38, which also has a reputation for getting into surge. If the Garrett needs to be held back to boost like the IS38, with the ability to hold 29 psi to redline, that would be o.k. to me.

The G25 is surging above 5k rpm. Real surge in the top end, not a little spool flutter.

I also think you're going to be very disappointed if you think the baby Garrett is going to hold 29psi to redline. The big one only holds 30 before exceeding the rpm limits and voiding the warranty.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Everyone is bashing out this 2 new turbos, if your happy with your GTX40 or your Precision twin scroll with 2 external wastegate through your hood, just pass and stop being drama queens

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Everyone is bashing out this 2 new turbos, if your happy with your GTX40 or your Precision twin scroll with 2 external wastegate through your hood, just pass and stop being drama queens
Do you have anything actually productive to say?

Last edited:

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I like turtles

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I like turtles

But seriously...

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The G25 is surging above 5k rpm. Real surge in the top end, not a little spool flutter.

I also think you're going to be very disappointed if you think the baby Garrett is going to hold 29psi to redline. The big one only holds 30 before exceeding the rpm limits and voiding the warranty.
Which big one? The big one for the G25?