Diggs look. The same dyno. The same car. Stock S3 and after few days stage 2
37087DA8-7EAE-4E4C-BE78-4FDD73DC7945.jpeg
361FBC16-7BE2-4222-9A67-F1205500B064.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So you have it on an engine dyno?

Otherwise it's some ratio picked out of the air (and 24% is super high for a dsg).
^^^^^
That exactly. Loss is generally 10-15 %. Even all wheel drive wouldn't be a 24% loss.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So that's pretty shit, whatever that dyno is. A stage 2 S3 should be putting down more power.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Eqt Vortex is still the logical mid tier turbo upgrade

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yes - but these, from what I remember, were a significantly reduced cost.
Only the smaller one is significantly cheaper than a vortex though and it’s not comparable, powerband or powerwise. I said it early on in the thread that the *BHP even Garett was posting was all just a theoretic number since they only ran ON CAR DYNO tests. *on 102 octane at that…

The larger one that’s based on a g25-660 would be comparable to a vortex (standard at that) powerwise but no where near the same early powerband. And that ones priced at almost $2,900.

I’ve said it plenty before, But when looking for a turbo upgrade for this platform that checks ALL the marks with a reasonable give and take - the vortex (both sizes) really is the cats meow… and that’s from someone who thinks their koolaid tastes like shit 😂😂

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Only the smaller one is significantly cheaper than a vortex though and it’s not comparable, powerband or powerwise. I said it early on in the thread that the *BHP even Garett was posting was all just a theoretic number since they only ran ON CAR DYNO tests. *on 102 octane at that…

The larger one that’s based on a g25-660 would be comparable to a vortex (standard at that) powerwise but no where near the same early powerband. And that ones priced at almost $2,900.
Keep in mind anyone can email Zage and ask for the TD06SL2-20G Mk7 turbo with standard or XL housing at a significantly reduced cost--but without a US-based warranty. If you want a cheap journal bearing spinner w/ a warranty, the Garrett stage 1 is still attractive, crappy canadian dynos aside.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Keep in mind anyone can email Zage and ask for the TD06SL2-20G Mk7 turbo with standard or XL housing at a significantly reduced cost--but without a US-based warranty. If you want a cheap journal bearing spinner w/ a warranty, the Garrett stage 1 is still attractive, crappy canadian dynos aside.
That part number keeps pulling something completely different. And the zage website is corrupt… what was the invoice cost that you were given when you emailed them?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

I’ve said it plenty before, But when looking for a turbo upgrade for this platform that checks ALL the marks with a reasonable give and take - the vortex (both sizes) really is the cats meow… and that’s from someone who thinks their koolaid tastes like shit 😂😂
Not accessible for us Canadians unfortunately, the duties and brokerage fees kill us. Gotta wait for TPC.