GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Just wanted to update my latest and final revision to this tune with the power max stg1. Car feels livelier, much happier at low rpm’s now with mpi available at those engine speeds and a lot more fun to drive especially in an urban environment where I don’t get to rev it out. View attachment 262575
what fuel is this on? just 91?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Just wanted to update my latest and final revision to this tune with the power max stg1. Car feels livelier, much happier at low rpm’s now with mpi available at those engine speeds and a lot more fun to drive especially in an urban environment where I don’t get to rev it out. View attachment 262575
How much boost up top

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
So it makes the same power as the IS38+ from EQT? What is the bottleneck here? Shopping for smol turbo upgrade and I see this one is $400 more.
The IS38+ is supposed to be more reliable than an IHI IS38, but performs similarly otherwise if I read this statement from EQT correctly: "This EQT IS38+ features original size compressor and turbine wheels as found in the factory IS38 turbocharger..."

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any 60-130 times

Badmrwaffles420

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Hello. I’ve been watching these forums for a minute, kinda crazy haha my name is badmrwaffles on all platforms and I drive a 2016 gti with a garret 2260 tuned by eqt and soon to grab a sneeky file as well. The reason I grabbed this turbo is well the price was 1200 on sale :). So far besides the bolt snappin in the engine block from the turbo :( (we got it out). What I can say about this turbo is I’m in love with the results. I’ve had this turbo in for a year now and The cars This gti can beat its kinda stupid lol all the money some people dump in just to be beat by a bolt on turbo haha but I’m humble I’ve been sauced a few times as well by people pushing well over 100more hp. How much I make I couldn’t tell ya I’m on a conservative file being updated soon. Then it’s dyno time feel free to ask anything u wanna know and follow me in ig. Thanks fam

Attachments

• 7F9CF71A-D5EB-44DE-9B8F-91C05247D88B.jpeg
    7F9CF71A-D5EB-44DE-9B8F-91C05247D88B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hello. I’ve been watching these forums for a minute, kinda crazy haha my name is badmrwaffles on all platforms and I drive a 2016 gti with a garret 2260 tuned by eqt and soon to grab a sneeky file as well. The reason I grabbed this turbo is well the price was 1200 on sale :). So far besides the bolt snappin in the engine block from the turbo :( (we got it out). What I can say about this turbo is I’m in love with the results. I’ve had this turbo in for a year now and The cars This gti can beat its kinda stupid lol all the money some people dump in just to be beat by a bolt on turbo haha but I’m humble I’ve been sauced a few times as well by people pushing well over 100more hp. How much I make I couldn’t tell ya I’m on a conservative file being updated soon. Then it’s dyno time feel free to ask anything u wanna know and follow me in ig. Thanks fam
Welcome and curious to here what kind of power you make.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Have any logs?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Anyone know a place where I can dyno for cheap in CT, RI, or MA? Would love to post my numbers here.