GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New England Dyno Day Meet!

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Hi all just looking to get a group of MK7s for a Dyno. I think this would be very valuable data comparing the differences in Mods and such.

Cost: Averages $100 for 3 runs
Location: TBD and planned accordingly to the convenience of the majority (if any)
Date: TBD but preferably a Saturday Morning.

I will start a list and add accordingly for anyone else interested. Be sure to mention stock or mods and octane using.

Thanks!

1) Qwerty978 - Stock, Octane 93 (Baseline)

FrankTheBunny

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the NH Seacoast area, and I'd be up for a dyno day. I just threw on a JB1 last night, so would be fun to see the before & after. I'm completely stock otherwise, with 93 octane.

FrankTheBunny

Passed Driver's Ed
I left it on the default Map 1 settings for the first day. I'm not sure if that is 4.8 or 5.0.

The next day I changed it to the "lower torque / clutch longevity" preset Map 6, and tweaked it a tiny bit to match one George posted a while back. I like that one better, pulls much stronger in 1st & 2nd, where I felt Map 1 really only pulled hard in 3rd & 4th.

Zero regrets on buying it at this point. It also feels stock under normal driving, which is admittedly hard to do right now. ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FrankTheBunny

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, and Map 6 is using 4.8. Now that I think about it, I think Map 1 was 4.8 too.

I might try out 5.0 at some point. I grabbed a usb extension cable to I can tweak it from in the car.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk