GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Eibach Pro Kit Installed

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Mine is DSG no reverse rake what soever. If anything the rear sits about .5 finger gap higher which i really like. I was going to go EMD as well but back ordered and worried about the drop being too low. The pro kit is actually lower than i anticipated but it does look great. It's a very noticeable drop from stock height

Curious to see how yours turns out please let us all know. I can't picture myself going any lower. Really want a minimal but noticeable drop without having to worry too much about road conditions. Even with the pro kit definitely have to watch for rougher roads.

After more driving on all sorts of road the ride is noticeably stiffer on rougher roads and bigger dips/ potholes. Smooth and semi-smooth roads feel amazing.

Here it is after about a week after install and 100 miles later. Front is 1 finger gap and rear about 1.5

View attachment 217632

Well, I was going by this reviewer's pic on this site https://www.urotuning.com/products/...W8FS-3R3fzqpHLEXz8cPTMqhXFZ5MIa4aAricEALw_wcB

If you look at the bottom. That appears the drop I'm looking for. Sitting flush with the upper tire, might settle with the upper tire slightly tucked. If so, that is perfect. It is how I had my mk6 sit with the coil overs. I honestly had no issues driving around crazy Jersey with them but sure, I paid extra attention. Just about the same attention I do driving stock height though. Watch for crazy potholes. If there are any speed bumps, I did my best to go over them at an angle. It wasn't terrible by any means though and gave the car a sharp look without looking "slammed".

MK7Fanatic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Well, I was going by this reviewer's pic on this site https://www.urotuning.com/products/eibach-sportline-lowering-springs-mk7-vw-gti-2-0t-1-7-drop-4-11785?currency=USD&variant=8385739685943&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_dWGBhDAARIsAMcYuJx0BFZ0-2yP3TVYAnGEcLcW8FS-3R3fzqpHLEXz8cPTMqhXFZ5MIa4aAricEALw_wcB

If you look at the bottom. That appears the drop I'm looking for. Sitting flush with the upper tire, might settle with the upper tire slightly tucked. If so, that is perfect. It is how I had my mk6 sit with the coil overs. I honestly had no issues driving around crazy Jersey with them but sure, I paid extra attention. Just about the same attention I do driving stock height though. Watch for crazy potholes. If there are any speed bumps, I did my best to go over them at an angle. It wasn't terrible by any means though and gave the car a sharp look without looking "slammed".

That drop looks fantastic. Will you be getting new struts bilstein/koni's with the sportlines? Even with the pro kit I'd say the dampening on the stock struts are at their limit.

I would get new struts if i were going that low.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
That drop looks fantastic. Will you be getting new struts bilstein/koni's with the sportlines? Even with the pro kit I'd say the dampening on the stock struts are at their limit.

I would get new struts if i were going that low.

Honestly, I didn't look that far into it. Not sure yet. If I need to, I'll see how much those run for. I'm also not sure how struts would affect the DCC system...

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
Mine is DSG no reverse rake what soever. If anything the rear sits about .5 finger gap higher which i really like. I was going to go EMD as well but back ordered and worried about the drop being too low. The pro kit is actually lower than i anticipated but it does look great. It's a very noticeable drop from stock height

Curious to see how yours turns out please let us all know. I can't picture myself going any lower. Really want a minimal but noticeable drop without having to worry too much about road conditions. Even with the pro kit definitely have to watch for rougher roads.

After more driving on all sorts of road the ride is noticeably stiffer on rougher roads and bigger dips/ potholes. Smooth and semi-smooth roads feel amazing.

Here it is after about a week after install and 100 miles later. Front is 1 finger gap and rear about 1.5

View attachment 217632

Great pic- thanks for sharing. I bought the pro-kit, and was planning on installing them next week. But I was beginning to worry if the drop would be enough since so many other springs are around the 1.6" range. But this pic shows me exactly what I wanted to see- noticeable drop, but not too much so I don't have to be overly worried about crappy roads and pot holes. Looks great and just where I wanted to be w/lowering springs. :) (y)

MK7Fanatic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Great pic- thanks for sharing. I bought the pro-kit, and was planning on installing them next week. But I was beginning to worry if the drop would be enough since so many other springs are around the 1.6" range. But this pic shows me exactly what I wanted to see- noticeable drop, but not too much so I don't have to be overly worried about crappy roads and pot holes. Looks great and just where I wanted to be w/lowering springs. :) (y)

Glad I could help! It's been almost a year on this setup. Still enjoying the car - ride is harsher than stock for sure and if I could afford it I would go coilovers. But overall still happy with this setup

I'm on a different set of wheels but this is how she's sitting now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_200410_305.jpg
    IMG_20220525_200410_305.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 246
  • PXL_20220524_235700667~2.jpg
    PXL_20220524_235700667~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 256

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Glad I could help! It's been almost a year on this setup. Still enjoying the car - ride is harsher than stock for sure and if I could afford it I would go coilovers. But overall still happy with this setup

Looks pretty good man.

I just installed springs myself over a month ago and the ride difference is definitely there. I'll show pictures when I get on my lunch break.

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport

Yeah, that's the look I'm going for- looks great. How much firmer would you say the ride is? Mine's a daily driver, and worried about making it too firm for daily use. TIA.

MK7Fanatic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Yeah, that's the look I'm going for- looks great. How much firmer would you say the ride is? Mine's a daily driver, and worried about making it too firm for daily use. TIA.
It's noticable I would say 30-40% stiffer. Not so had on smoother roads but if you hit bigger bumps you'll feel it. But that's the nature with any lowering springs on stock struts. I don't believe in the saying that it rides just like stock.

I'm in the same boat it's my daily but this is manageable.