GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New ECS Tuning Catback - coming soon

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I definitely dig how it sounds, for the price.
What i would be wary of is, will it hold up as well quality/rust wise as other catbacks that are ~150% the cost?
Also, i dont think the ECS tips look very good; it should be noted whether the catbacks are compatible with other tips

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Probably doesn't sound that good in person, but that's a decent price for a valved catback. 304 alloy is what you want for rust (vs say 409).
They've got a cheap titanium catback for the GTI now too, would be interested if they come out with something for the R.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
I said fk it and pulled the trigger. Should be arriving this week, hopefully on before next weekend. Keep y'all posted
Please post your thoughts and some sound clips when you do!

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

infiniteend

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
yeah i think for the price it's nice. I'm not so sure on the corrosion of the metal, etc. but it sounds decent enough. It's still resonated and has factory valves which is nice. in comfort - it's like there's no change. (sorta like what my race mode was like stock) but when you open it up on race, it's a good sound. not too farty

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i have always feared that they just get aliexpress stuff and stamp or weld on their badges lol. I don't spend any time on aliexpress to find the 'doppleganger' pieces though. But i havent seen their (or lack of a) fabrication house either.

that titanium catback looks cool though!