GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New diverter valve? 06H145710J anyone try it yet?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Are all the OEM DV revisions compatible with all model years?

I need to get a new one, should I get the "J" version? What about the Pierburg brand (OEM replica?) They are about half the price of the actual OEM ones...

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Are all the OEM DV revisions compatible with all model years?

I need to get a new one, should I get the "J" version? What about the Pierburg brand (OEM replica?) They are about half the price of the actual OEM ones...

The Pierburg DV isn't a replica, it's the OEM part without the VAG stamping on it.

vertro31

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
Hey guys I have one of these diverter valve and was taking it out today and the piston fell out and i put it back in but now its creating a boost leak i think. should i get another one?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Hey guys I have one of these diverter valve and was taking it out today and the piston fell out and i put it back in but now its creating a boost leak i think. should i get another one?
if it is assembled correctly and installed that way then it should be fine. the piston only fits one way so when it is connected to the turbo everything should be seated in place.

but if it's old and you're worried about it go ahead and get a new one. The pierburg brand offering is pretty cheap.

vertro31

Car(s)
MK7 GLI
if it is assembled correctly and installed that way then it should be fine. the piston only fits one way so when it is connected to the turbo everything should be seated in place.

but if it's old and you're worried about it go ahead and get a new one. The pierburg brand offering is pretty cheap.

The piston off the actual valve fell off the valve like the thing that goes in and out lol

vertro31

Car(s)
MK7 GLI

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    122.3 KB · Views: 979

bmp_gti

Ready to race!
Looks like there might be a new reversions to the diverter valve 06H145710J, old number is 06H145710D.

Here is what the new one looks like. https://www.hstuning.com/06h145710j-diverter-valve.html

Looks like it doesn't have as much of that plastic cowling around the piston. Here is the 06H145710D for reference: https://www.hstuning.com/piston-style-diverter-valve-oem.html

I still have not found any difinitive information that its a replacement for the 06H145710D.
Anyone know the difference between revision C and J? They look identical.