GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New diffuser

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Yep I definitely want to get together and see your cars, but I do have some work going on with mine that might not be completed for a few weeks. Should be fun when it’s done.
A couple weeks be almost time for the next cars and coffee going to try to be there again. But it does suck we don’t have our monthly meet up like we did last summer.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I also got Rennwagon's spoiler. Same one you got. I opted to use the screws as I was nervous if ever falls off using just the tape but it is strong tape. I just wanted that reassurance and don't ever plan to remove it. It definitely has a nice look that runs along the lines of the OEM side spoiler skirts? A guy at my job thought it came with the car because he said it looked too perfect and matched the OEM lines flawlessly.
I was going to go with the screws too but at the time they were extra and after seeing how well @Keehs360 had held up the few weeks he had it on before I got mine I was convinced the screws weren’t needed. Now every time I see a gti/r without the extension I’m like something is wrong what’s missing then relize it’s the spoiler extension.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I was going to go with the screws too but at the time they were extra and after seeing how well @Keehs360 had held up the few weeks he had it on before I got mine I was convinced the screws weren’t needed. Now every time I see a gti/r without the extension I’m like something is wrong what’s missing then relize it’s the spoiler extension.

Yeah, the stock spoiler could use a little more emphasis. I was wondering why the mk6 GTI even looked longer and that was because of it not having those side skirts. The side skirts give it the appearance of being shorter. On the other hand, with an extension, the side skirts give it the appearance of being more "grand" if that makes sense. Like, now when I see a Mk6 GTI and it has the spoiler with no side skirts, I'm like, it's definitely missing something there.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of people that go all out and put these huge replacement spoiler pieces on or the ones that sit on top like a piece of furniture and they need to like glue the damn thing down. In reality, they're just about useless for a fwd car so I'm all for it with the idea of appearance but not too big of a fan of the over the top appearance look either.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah, the stock spoiler could use a little more emphasis. I was wondering why the mk6 GTI even looked longer and that was because of it not having those side skirts. The side skirts give it the appearance of being shorter. On the other hand, with an extension, the side skirts give it the appearance of being more "grand" if that makes sense. Like, now when I see a Mk6 GTI and it has the spoiler with no side skirts, I'm like, it's definitely missing something there.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of people that go all out and put these huge replacement spoiler pieces on or the ones that sit on top like a piece of furniture and they need to like glue the damn thing down. In reality, they're just about useless for a fwd car so I'm all for it with the idea of appearance but not too big of a fan of the over the top appearance look either.
You’re referring to this picnic table spoilers that attach half way down the hatch? Not my jam either. They look ridiculous. I mean, if it’s set up for time attack and it’s a straight race car. Sure I guess. Hard to make fun of a car like that. But mother fucker those cars are hard to look at

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel

Agreed the giant spoilers added is just odd and useless. Really anything added is just cosmetic with our cars but I’m ok with that. I don’t delude myself thinking it’s anything but.

Before adding the diffuser most people just ignored my car even though it has the whole murdered out look but now with the aggressive diffuser everyone thinks they need to drive fast around me or cut me off trying to prove something. It’s always people that have no chance of actually keeping up with me either maybe I need to put my badges back on to show what the car is.

Nah they still wouldn’t know what a gti is then.🤣

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Agreed the giant spoilers added is just odd and useless. Really anything added is just cosmetic with our cars but I’m ok with that. I don’t delude myself thinking it’s anything but.

Before adding the diffuser most people just ignored my car even though it has the whole murdered out look but now with the aggressive diffuser everyone thinks they need to drive fast around me or cut me off trying to prove something. It’s always people that have no chance of actually keeping up with me either maybe I need to put my badges back on to show what the car is.

Nah they still wouldn’t know what a gti is then.🤣

I drove through a Popeyes drive thru the other week and the guy asked me if the car comes with a turbo, lol. I'm like, why yes, yes it does. He said, cool man, my Honda has one too. I'm like, 😒 *Just hand over the chicken sandwich so I can leave already*

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I drove through a Popeyes drive thru the other week and the guy asked me if the car comes with a turbo, lol. I'm like, why yes, yes it does. He said, cool man, my Honda has one too. I'm like, 😒 *Just hand over the chicken sandwich so I can leave already*
Can’t believe people eat birds. Y’all are nasty. U dunno where that things been

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Honda people are the worst it doesn’t matter what type of civic they got if it’s the basic civic or the sport one they all think they driving in fast and the furious and are like oh your in a golf I can take you easily. I’m just did you really look at my car so you think it’s a basic golf. Learn your cars before you try to make people think your fast. 🤣

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Can’t believe people eat birds. Y’all are nasty. U dunno where that things been
Back in my home town there is a restaurant called joe gizzard city. Supposed to be world famous and people come from all over to eat there for there gizzards. I’m just like why would anybody want this food so weird.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Back in my home town there is a restaurant called joe gizzard city. Supposed to be world famous and people come from all over to eat there for there gizzards. I’m just like why would anybody want this food so weird.
That’s a crime