GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New CPO GTI... safelite cut my frame..

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
actually...Drivers village is a CERTIFIED body shop :LOL::cry:
Oh well. Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best. It does not seem right to me and the argument that you can't see it, it doesn't matter is weak. That does not make it correct. If that was applied to all the situations in these cars they wouldn't last very long.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Oh well. Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best. It does not seem right to me and the argument that you can't see it, it doesn't matter is weak. That does not make it correct. If that was applied to all the situations in these cars they wouldn't last very long.
It's absolutely terrible and I'm still waiting for a yes or no to the quote....Have tempted to keep it just to avoid the body shop.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The car is back and the damage came out to 2,700 plus tax!. Only issue after a week is my wipers hit my A-pillar but I can adjust it easily with a ratchet and like 5 minutes.

I'm happy to get my car back and get back to learning standard.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm old so I've had a lot of experience with body shops. They all suck. I had a Cadillac dealer do crap work even I could have done better. I had a Mercedes shop not blend tape lines or align moldings well. I got a better job from an indie shop near where I worked. Even then they forgot my hood insulation and one of the hoses looked like they cut it length with bolt cutters. I've never had a repair I was totally happy with the first time. The only advice I can give is to look at cars on their lot and see it you can tell where they were repaired, if they will let you, or go to a big new car dealer after the repair and ask the used car manager to look at your repair. Perhaps buy him lunch.

Last edited: