GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New clutch recommendations

joseph201185

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7
I had installed the BFI stage 3 clutch and it went bad after 20k miles only and it was mostly highway milage... im looking for recommendations something reasonable and for daily use and can hold a lot of torque. im currently stage 2 .

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I have the ACT clutch linked above. It's a good clutch, pedal feel is light and shifts are smooth - but being an SMF it is a bit noisier at idle

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I have just about 1,000 miles on a Southbend Stage 3 Daily and it's fantastic. Took a while to get to used to but it's really great now. Holds Stage 2 E30 power with ease. Haven't launched it yet but I don't doubt it will do just fine. I also did the iAbed Industries billet rear main seal, stainless steel clutch line, ECS bleeder block, and a manual transmission flush at the same time. Car had 61,000 miles on it when it went in

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
DKM MS but I'm sure that is overkill for your power levels. He'll, or is overkill for mine.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I’m 400 miles in on a south bend daily 3. Absolutely love it and Billy really recommend it as the best option. The pedal is “softening“ up nicely.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I’m 400 miles in on a south bend daily 3. Absolutely love it and Billy really recommend it as the best option. The pedal is “softening“ up nicely.
1000 Miles into my daily stage 2 and I'm not sure it feels any different from stock anymore... definitely can't tell

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
1000 Miles into my daily stage 2 and I'm not sure it feels any different from stock anymore... definitely can't tell
I drive it so infrequently so I'm sure it's mellowing. Def not building up my left leg lol

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
I had installed the BFI stage 3 clutch and it went bad after 20k miles only and it was mostly highway milage... im looking for recommendations something reasonable and for daily use and can hold a lot of torque. im currently stage 2 .
My stage 3 BFI went out around the same mileage ~20k :(. I went with a new DMF and Sachs 4 puck, mofo grabs!!!

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I went with the HS Tuning RSR kit. Which I believe is pretty similar, if not identical, to the DIY TTRS kit. Haven't gotten it installed yet, that's in two weeks, but I have heard nothing but good things.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
40k on a Southbend Stage 2 Daily and still performing well. If I was going to do it again though I would get either the Stage 3 daily or the Stage 2 endurance for some more torque potential.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I purchased a Sachs Performance clutch to keep the DMFW & for it being cheaper. Read nothing but good things about it. Will put in the new clutch in two weeks.