GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New climate control unit - Coding

quadslo

I changed my climate control unit, because I didn't have heated seats and now I will retrofit them.

But with the new unit, I lost option for heated windscreen and Air care, which my car has.

Can I activate this with coding?

My old climate control had this:

20191116_140823.jpg

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
Adapting setting :
 Adapt the air flow direction (from air vent)
press AC button 8 and button 3 , the indicate light will blinking ,if the setting is done , the indicate light will illumination as normal .

 Adaptor air compressor
Press button 8 and 16 for a few seconds , the indicate light will illumination . and the setting is done .
If the compressor running in first time , press button 8 and 16 for five seconds . the indicate light will illumination at same time, the adapting setting is done . air condition AC can work as normal .

This time the indicate light will not blinking , you need press 30 seconds ,then switch off by “off” button , and switch on AC to check if the compressor is working . if the setting is not working , please try more time for operation of adaptor air compressor

1 use keys to open fire And hold the third button ‘3 ’above and AC key‘ 8 ’more than ten seconds, until the air conditioning automatically stop,
2 at the same time Hold down the after the wind hot keys ‘16 ’and of AC key‘ 8’, more than ten seconds, until the air conditioning automatically stops
Until the air conditioning automatically stop.According to the above two steps air conditioning reset is complete, function normal.

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
If the first or second activation fails, please use this activation instructions.
Reset activation
Step 1: the car starts, blow the face [3] and ac [8] simultaneously press and hold for 10 seconds ,to activate the compressor.
Step 2: Press the rear glass defrost key [16 key] and ac [8 key] simultaneously for 2 minutes. 【Uninterrupted time】
Step 3; After the ac light is on, turn on air conditioner, turn on ac, start the car travel few kilometers, solve the problem

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I changed my climate control unit, because I didn't have heated seats and now I will retrofit them.

But with the new unit, I lost option for heated windscreen and Air care, which my car has.

Can I activate this with coding?

My old climate control had this:

View attachment 159887

I'm fairly confident that your old climate control unit has the heated seats functionality, BUT simply has "dummy" buttons in place of the seat heater buttons. The microswitches and triple LEDs are already on the circuit board inside the control unit. If you don't want to mess with coding, or if the new control unit lacks windscreen/air care functions, just open up both control units, and swap in your old circuit board into the new control unit that has the buttons.

Background-- I retrofitted heated seats into my base model Golf (no climatronic). I purchased the control unit with the seat heater buttons and installed it. Afterward, out of curiosity, I opened up my old one (I always do this ;-)). Lo and behold, the circuit board had the left and right seat heater microswitches and surface-mount LEDs behind the "dummy" buttons.

Also keep in mind, after you retrofit seat heaters, you will have to code them to work, but not in the climate control unit, you do it in central electronics (module 09). But you probably already knew this...

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Adapting setting :
 Adapt the air flow direction (from air vent)
press AC button 8 and button 3 , the indicate light will blinking ,if the setting is done , the indicate light will illumination as normal .

 Adaptor air compressor
Press button 8 and 16 for a few seconds , the indicate light will illumination . and the setting is done .
If the compressor running in first time , press button 8 and 16 for five seconds . the indicate light will illumination at same time, the adapting setting is done . air condition AC can work as normal .

This time the indicate light will not blinking , you need press 30 seconds ,then switch off by “off” button , and switch on AC to check if the compressor is working . if the setting is not working , please try more time for operation of adaptor air compressor

1 use keys to open fire And hold the third button ‘3 ’above and AC key‘ 8 ’more than ten seconds, until the air conditioning automatically stop,
2 at the same time Hold down the after the wind hot keys ‘16 ’and of AC key‘ 8’, more than ten seconds, until the air conditioning automatically stops
Until the air conditioning automatically stop.According to the above two steps air conditioning reset is complete, function normal.
Thank you sooo much, I was stuck on my retrofit due to the ac compressor start software coding fail. I followed this and now I have working ac!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hi, how did you upgrade heated seats? I'm trying to install them but I can't get them to work.

There's several reasons why they might not work:

Does your BCM (module 09 on the CANBUS) have the physical pins to support the seat heaters?
Did you use the correct wiring harness? I got mine from Kufatec in Germany.
And lastly, did you code the BCM to activate the seat heater functions?

iceorbital

Passed Driver's Ed
In case it helps, this was the full coding on my NAR 2019 MK7.5 Golf R w/ heated seats

Attachments

• IMG_6884.jpeg
    IMG_6884.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_6885.jpeg
    IMG_6885.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_6887.jpeg
    IMG_6887.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_6888.jpeg
    IMG_6888.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_6889.jpeg
    IMG_6889.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_6890.jpeg
    IMG_6890.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_6891.jpeg
    IMG_6891.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6892.jpeg
    IMG_6892.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6893.jpeg
    IMG_6893.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_6894.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
yes I have the pins on my BCM, and I ordered my harnesses on AliExpress, and the coding I did it too and it does not work
Do the three LED lights come on when you press the switch?

Did you code the BCM like this? 09 Central Electrics -> seat heater level current consumption allocation -> Sitzheitzung CAN -> Change FROM "not installed" TO "Sitzheitzung bei BCM"

Did all of the Aliexpress harness pins fit properly in their sockets? And did you get the 12V power wire hooked up to an active fuse?

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
yes I have the three leds which light up when I press the button, I have done the coding of the BCM as you also told me.
Is it causing any fault codes? Are you sure it's getting 12V power? A fault code will be generated if 12V is disrupted. The three LEDs will still light up but there will be no heat and there will be a fault code something like "intermittent voltage".