GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Audi RS6 Avant commercial.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
That is a great one!! VAG has some of the best.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's the RVA!! How cool! spotted what looks like monument avenue in the beginning and then that's the Richmond skyline towards the end. That's the bridge going over the James River in the southside of Richmond!

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
It's the RVA!! How cool! spotted what looks like monument avenue in the beginning and then that's the Richmond skyline towards the end. That's the bridge going over the James River in the southside of Richmond!
Correct! Pretty cool

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I like. It's too bad they no longer offer the manual though...big part of the history.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
That's been on the main Audi website for a bit, it is very powerful and amazing. Got my deposit down a few months back, mine will be a 2021 as I had to wait to get on the list until after a move and wife's job change was confirmed, plus I'm doing an exclusive color which will push build date to next model year.

I've said it before, I will say it often, manual's are a ton of fun, but they are not fast. We need to be able to separate nostalgia and the prejudices of the past and look at the reality and performance of the now. I would no more go rip the DI fuel system out of my TTRS to put a couple carburetors on it than I would pay $130k for a fire breathing Avant with an old fashioned clutch system. I do still wish it would have a true dual clutch, the ZFs have come a long way and now can be indistinguishable from a DCT without using a millisecond stopwatch. If they were giving us the smaller RS4 Avant I would be quite disappointing to not have a DCT, but given the 6s size it's not really a "track" monster, although it will put more than a few dedicated sports sedans to shame.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
but they are not fast.

That's not the point.

I would no more go rip the DI fuel system out of my TTRS to put a couple carburetors on it than I would pay $130k for a fire breathing Avant with an old fashioned clutch system.

Not the same thing.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
That's not the point.

Actually it is. Buying a vehicle with a twin turbo 600HP V8 kinda seems to point to the desire to go....fast. Optioning equipment to make it slower than it can be would seem contrary.

Not the same thing.

And yet, it is. lol

You can wax poetic about the "feeling" and the "connection" of a stick and pedal manual but the manual transmission was NOT built to be "cool" or have a connection or some pretentious "I'm a better driver than you" attitude. It was built because it worked for the time period and they didn't know how to do it another way. Outside of some perceived nostalgia there is absolutely no difference between driving a car with carbs and points based ignition systems and driving a manual over a DCT or computer controlled ZF. One is newer and better technology that gives you those precious extra parts of a second on the track.........and the other is old fashioned.