GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The APR Open PEX Intake System is Here!

http://goapr.io/mqbpex

The APR Open PEX Intake System is the best dollar-per-horsepower intake system for the 1.8T/2.0T Engine! We’ve maximized performance and sound dramatically by reducing pressure drop and increasing airflow. This translates to more horsepower and torque, and less physical strain on the turbocharger. The system looks great, sounds amazing, and produces more horsepower and torque you can feel.

Quick Info

• More horsepower with gains up to +12 AWHP over stock
  • More torque with gains of up to +13 AWFT-LBS over stock
  • Greatly outflows the full factory frontal airbox by 60% at 833 CFM vs 521 CFM
  • High heat deflection PEX construction
  • Massive 7” washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4” rear outlet
  • Creates an intoxicating intake sound in the engine bay
  • Improves throttle response
  • Lessens pressure drop
  • Lessens strain on the turbocharger
  • Lessens heat retention compared to other materials, such as metal
  • Compatible with APR and factory rear intake tubes and turbo inlet pipes
  • Easily installs in minutes

Our Open PEX Intake System does away with the closed airbox design and uses a massive 7” washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4” rear outlet. This was necessary to limit pressure drop across the factory system and maximize airflow, while allowing you to fully hear the engine breathe! The massive filter provides excellent filtration. By oversizing the filter, we’re able to limit pressure drop without sacrificing filtration. This is made possible through the use of greatly increased filter surface area. The PEX material give the intake an Oem feel and it allows us to make a complex and organic heat shield shape that keeps hot air pushed through the frontal radiator away from the intake tract. Lastly, PEX retains heat less than other materials, such as metal, making it ideal for performance.

Overview, Sound, and Install Video

Flow Bench

The factory intake system simply can’t match the performance of our intake system. The full factory frontal airbox only flows 521 CFM at 28” of H2O. We improved this by 60% with our open airbox, which flows 833 CFM by comparison! However, it’s important to always look at the intake system as a whole as flow numbers alone don’t always speak to the broader picture. The factory turbocharger can only flow just under 400 CFM through the factory opening, and any intake system will lessen maximum flow. The goal is to minimize all restrictions before the turbocharger as much as possible to maximize performance. The full factory system brings this down to 275 CFM, or 31% less. The full APR System (Open airbox, rear pipe, and turbo inlet pipe), bring this down to 345 CFM, which is only 13% less, or a 25% improvement over stock! This directly translates to more power you can feel. Our full bolt on APR Tuned S3 saw max gains of 12 AWHP and 13 AWFT-LBS of torque using the full intake system compared to stock! These are solid gains that make a noticeable difference in performance!

Photos

Get the details

http://goapr.io/mqbpex

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
This is a dumb question, but I always thought closed airbox systems were beneficial from a temperature point of view. How will IATs fare on super hot days?

I like the price though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is a dumb question, but I always thought closed airbox systems were beneficial from a temperature point of view. How will IATs fare on super hot days?

I like the price though.
Without a lid it will definitely pull in more underhood heat.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I thought this came out like a year or 2 ago.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
We have a carbon fiber version that came out some time back:

https://www.goapr.com/CI100040

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Any chance you'd offer this with a black, grey, or blue filter, @Arin@APR...? I drive an R and while I don't care that much what the bay looks like, this huge red filter would be the only red thing on the entire car. I'd love a black or grey one to keep it looking a bit less aftermarket

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If that product is designed to work with the stock airbox, how is it directing air any differently than the stock part this replaces?
Take a look at the stock system. None of the airflow is directed into the filter directly. Some goes straight into the engine compartment. Then click on the small pictures in the link and you'll see that the ECS system directs 100 % of the airflow into the filter. It brings down my IAT's much faster and keeps the IAT lower.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Any chance you'd offer this with a black, grey, or blue filter, @Arin@APR...? I drive an R and while I don't care that much what the bay looks like, this huge red filter would be the only red thing on the entire car. I'd love a black or grey one to keep it looking a bit less aftermarket

Interesting request. We haven't really looked into that. The filters we tend to offer are Red because they get dyed from the oiling process.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Take a look at the stock system. None of the airflow is directed into the filter directly. Some goes straight into the engine compartment. Then click on the small pictures in the link and you'll see that the ECS system directs 100 % of the airflow into the filter. It brings down my IAT's much faster and keeps the IAT lower.
Isn't the European block off plate a better solution? It performs the same function and costs a fraction of what that part costs.

Do you have a post on here showing the before and after affect on your IATs?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Isn't the European block off plate a better solution? It performs the same function and costs a fraction of what that part costs.

Do you have a post on here showing the before and after affect on your IATs?
Don't know if the block off plate is a better solution but yes it's less expensive. No I didn't log before and after temperatures. Just know from driving this car for 142,000 miles. Especially in Phoenix when it's over 110*. I just posted a link to something that I know works.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Interesting request. We haven't really looked into that. The filters we tend to offer are Red because they get dyed from the oiling process.
Ah okay I didn't realize it came from the oil. Seems companies like K&N offer the oil in all kinds of different colors, including black, so I guess I could clean and re-oil the filter as soon as I got it, to dye it black instead. Unfortunately the K&N black oil is out of stock in most places but I'm sure there's some somewhere. If you could offer the filters in different colors (or just un-oiled), might be cool? If anyone wants something a bit more subtle, they could order the oil separately