GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Johaan

Ready to race!
These went out of stock pretty quickly I guess. Now not shipping till end of year.

Guess it was the right price point for a lot of folks. Upgraders still happy with the choice after a month?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I like mine, but I was actually hoping for more noise. It definitely growls more under throttle, but I'm not getting any of the suck-n-blow noises I would hear on my Evo 9 after putting a Perrin open intake on it. I wondering if it has to do with the fact that the Evo had a vented hood, and the GTI's is solid with the insulation padding underneath. Also, the turbo on the 4G63 is forward of the engine, vs. the TSI being nested next to the firewall...

I have to give kudos to APR though. My intake had a nice fat o-ring resulting in a gloriously stiff nipple, so they are obviously listening to feedback. Also, they use biodegradable packing peanuts. Good stuff!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I like mine, but I was actually hoping for more noise. It definitely growls more under throttle, but I'm not getting any of the suck-n-blow noises I would hear on my Evo 9 after putting a Perrin open intake on it. I wondering if it has to do with the fact that the Evo had a vented hood, and the GTI's is solid with the insulation padding underneath. Also, the turbo on the 4G63 is forward of the engine, vs. the TSI being nested next to the firewall...

I have to give kudos to APR though. My intake had a nice fat o-ring resulting in a gloriously stiff nipple, so they are obviously listening to feedback. Also, they use biodegradable packing peanuts. Good stuff!
So you don't get the BOV type noises when letting off throttle? That's a bummer. The open intake I currently have on the car makes plenty of suck n blow noises. But it's also rubbing against the engine cover (removed for now) and my battery

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That doesn't make sense. My R600 is plenty loud. You can definitely hear it from inside and outside of the car. It's a closed intake and I still have my hood insulation. It's not that quiet.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
So you don't get the BOV type noises when letting off throttle? That's a bummer. The open intake I currently have on the car makes plenty of suck n blow noises. But it's also rubbing against the engine cover (removed for now) and my battery
I do occasionally, but I have to be driving with the windows down, and the radio off. I can then sometimes hear the DV venting and an occasional flutter...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
That doesn't make sense. My R600 is plenty loud. You can definitely hear it from inside and outside of the car. It's a closed intake and I still have my hood insulation. It's not that quiet.
That's what I was hoping for. Maybe it's just my old-ass ears...LOL!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
For those who arent getting enough sound, have you tried removing the weather strip along the back of the hood? I did this with my stock box and AFE filter and even I can hear the suck and blow noises.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For those who arent getting enough sound, have you tried removing the weather strip along the back of the hood? I did this with my stock box and AFE filter and even I can hear the suck and blow noises.
Doesn't that get your engine compartment extra dusty? It did mine so I reinstalled it. But then I get my engine detailed every 3 months so it was obvious the dust would accumulate pretty fast.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Doesn't that get your engine compartment extra dusty? It did mine so I reinstalled it. But then I get my engine detailed every 3 months so it was obvious the dust would accumulate pretty fast.
I havent really noticed any difference, but I also detail my entire car every month or two.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I've found that open intakes with metal pipes make the most noise. I have a Neuspeed intake on my FSI A3. You can really hear it going from suck to blow.
I was considering this APR intake but I might have to go with the AF Dynamic or a used Injen, seeing as they have the metal pipe. I want those sucky blowy noises.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
had mine on for about a week. I think the sound is nice. With stock airbox and the typical DIY mods you could sorta hear the turbo with windows down. Now you can definitely hear it (especially windows down) but its not obnoxious or anything. Like others said, if you want max noise, get an all metal one. My APR intake is used with MST TIP and MST hose.

Great product for the price, seems silly to have another intake on an already super saturated market, but obviously there was a desire for a high quality / affordable one.

Oh and my nipple was plenty stiff too.