GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Dry Filters:

Furthering this discussion. We can make them for this intake. It would be a seperate add on you purchase (like a replacement filter). If there's enough interest I can make them. Seems there is. It would be the same/similar price as the existing replacement oiled filter (~$55-$65).

Example Installed:

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Dry Filters:

Furthering this discussion. We can make them for this intake. It would be a seperate add on you purchase (like a replacement filter). If there's enough interest I can make them. Seems there is.
+1 for dry...

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Dry Filters:

Furthering this discussion. We can make them for this intake. It would be a seperate add on you purchase (like a replacement filter). If there's enough interest I can make them. Seems there is. It would be the same/similar price as the existing replacement oiled filter (~$55-$65).

Example Installed:

I would definitely buy. For intakes my line of thinking is get a ton of filter surface area so the there is very minimal restriction, even with a dry media. Then I just love the easy of maint associated with the dry filters.

If there's a pre order or anything let us know and I'll jump on that. Any ballpark ETA?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Dry Filters:

Example Installed:

That's good news, although an extra $60 on top of it is a bit disappointing

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I would definitely be interested in a dry filter.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Dry Filters:

That's good news, although an extra $60 on top of it is a bit disappointing
This. Why not option it instead of adding it on?
I'd be interested as someone that hasn't purchased the intake yet if it were a selectable option. My interest goes away assuming I need to buy the intake, then buy the dry filter separate, and just never use the oiled filter.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
ETA wise I don't really have a timeline. I'm not sure how quickly it can be done. I think we'll probably start with the dry filter alone to gauge interest. Honestly, I'd just run the oiled filter and swap to the dry when you want to replace it if cleaning is not your thing (That's the point of the dry, correct me if I'm wrong?)