GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The intake should come with three of those grommets. Double check the peanuts to make sure it's not in the box. I'm not sure if the factory parts transfer over or not (quick fix) but if not, and either way, give us a call and we'll get one shipped out to you asap: 334 502 5181

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The intake should come with three of those grommets. Double check the peanuts to make sure it's not in the box. I'm not sure if the factory parts transfer over or not (quick fix) but if not, and either way, give us a call and we'll get one shipped out to you asap: 334 502 5181
Also, make sure no peanuts are in the cone air filter while you’re at it. My car sucked a couple packing peanuts into the turbo when I installed the intake! My bad (for not visually inspecting) but just a heads up…. Disassemble the intake and visually inspect the inside of the cone filter before your install!

Attachments

• DC3F97BB-F0E6-4795-B1FF-1D5A1907254C.jpeg
    DC3F97BB-F0E6-4795-B1FF-1D5A1907254C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:

JakeySan92

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE W/ PP/LP
Also, make sure no peanuts are in the cone air filter while you’re at it. My car sucked a couple packing peanuts into the turbo when I installed the intake! My bad (for not visually inspecting) but just a heads up…. Disassemble the intake and visually inspect the inside of the cone filter before your install!

WOAH WOAH WOAH! NOOOO!
😮‍💨 this gave me so much anxiety..

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Dang man, that’s crazy! That’s probably why mine came with a plastic bag over the outlet that connects to the inlet pipe. I cleared all of the peanuts out from around the cone, but I didn’t think to disassemble the cone and look inside.

Was it making a weird noise or something that made you look inside the turbo?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Dang!

We cover that tube with a bag and place rubber bands around it so it doesn’t come off to prevent anything from getting in there while shipping. Was that not the case on yours? Everything good on your end? They are water soluble peanuts, so hopefully nothing bad happened!

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Holy...what a mess!

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Dang!

We cover that tube with a bag and place rubber bands around it so it doesn’t come off to prevent anything from getting in there while shipping. Was that not the case on yours? Everything good on your end? They are water soluble peanuts, so hopefully nothing bad happened!
61E04038-D097-4CA7-9551-DB5C9DE7423E.jpeg

Yes! I do recall the intake packaged inside a clear plastic bag. Seeing here the Christmas tree skirt in the background, there are some packing peanuts on the floor…. Most probably what happened is either myself or my son eager to see the intake and take this picture, took the intake out of the bag and just placed it back into the nice APR box without resealing the plastic bag. We installed it a few weeks later.
When we installed it, we revved the engine awaiting to hear the Woosh and I heard this sucking sound then a clogged sound- and I immediately knew in my mind what happened… took the TIP off and saw those mangled peanut. Picked everything out the best I could. All was fine after!

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Anyone have the air filter dimensions? Want to see if there's any feasible dry filter options that would drop in?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Anyone have the air filter dimensions? Want to see if there's any feasible dry filter options that would drop in?
I was interested in looking as well. I have an AEM dry filter on my mk3, same color, but different size. There was tons of sizes available though. Might measure later today to check.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I was interested in looking as well. I have an AEM dry filter on my mk3, same color, but different size. There was tons of sizes available though. Might measure later today to check.
thanks, please share dimensions if you do! Arin also noted a "velocity stack" of sorts built into the filter.....snap a pic of that too, if you can. Might be hard to find a filter of right dimensions, with that as well. But I'd definitely like to look.