GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
100% - would be great. I can think of so many tests to debunk so much shit info online...
he's done some Dragy stuff with the stock ic and an aftermarket ic iirc to show that the stock ic hangs in there for a couple pulls,.then starts to fade by a tenth or so.

poor man's dyno :)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

turbo_dreams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Inside with the windows up it sounds a little throatier and louder. But with the windows cracked the spooling noises are more than I was expecting, I almost thought I left the intake tube disconnected. My opinion could change though one I get used to it. It just seems like it will draw a lot of unwanted attention.
I'm getting the same over here, throatier and louder with the windows up. Windows down I'm hearing almost zero whooshy whooshy noises.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I didn't care for his posts in the forum but I sure have to hand it to him for the dedication in testing so many different products. His website certainly must be a financial strain.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I still can't get an answer as to how his work gets funded.
When he was still around here, I seem to remember some companies sending him stuff to test (and maybe return?), but also he would buy a setup, test it, and then it would show up in the Classifieds section. So, I think there was some level of investment involved.

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
If anyone is interested, you can still have a larger H6 battery with this intake. It’s super tight fit but I was able to install the bigger battery after getting the intake out of the way. I need some special pliers though as the intake clamp is a bear with vice grips.

GolfX

Car(s)
'19 GTI, '05 FZ6
I think I've figured out why my intake is wobbly. See where the arrow is pointing in this image?

APRintake.JPG

My intake didn't come with that rubber piece that holds it to the mounting post. 😬