GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Uggggh, I said no more car mods this year... Muuuussst reeeessssiisssstt!!!!!! :eek:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I'm pretty sure it's legal for them to sent it to you. It's just not "legal" to drive on city streets with it. I bet a huge portion of modded cars in CA with aftermarket intakes are not CARB legal. How many cars are out there running tunes and downpipes that are not street legal. I mean no performance downpipes are CARB approved.

It like that threaded barrel for a Glock. You can have it...but you can't install it. :LOL:
Intakes might be different, but I remember when I was in CA looking at downpipes it would flat-out state "can NOT be shipped to CA"

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Thank you everyone!
Thanks for making it and thanks for being a part of the community and always being available for questions.

Now, do me a favor and throw that thing on a truck so I can install it on my days off!

A397F1D7-32F4-4F1A-9308-F818962C3C45.jpeg

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I'm pretty sure it's legal for them to sent it to you. It's just not "legal" to drive on city streets with it. I bet a huge portion of modded cars in CA with aftermarket intakes are not CARB legal. How many cars are out there running tunes and downpipes that are not street legal. I mean no performance downpipes are CARB approved.

It like that threaded barrel for a Glock. You can have it...but you can't install it. :LOL:

Obligatory forum response:

"That's constructive possession! Hope you stocked up on soap-on-a-rope."

:ROFLMAO:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Intakes might be different, but I remember when I was in CA looking at downpipes it would flat-out state "can NOT be shipped to CA"

Unless you got busted by CARB like Burger Tuning did...there isn't anything preventing a business from sending you the parts. You just can't use it on public roads. A reason some companies won't ship to CA could just be to avoid some potential legal issues. There are a lot of dedicated track cars that have no emissions legal parts. All the guys using third party head and taillights...unless they are direct OEM units...none of them are actually "street legal" either since none of them are DOT approved they are illegal everywhere. The DOT covers all of the US. Those sweeping turn signals...illegal.;)

Also there isn't anything on APR's site saying that they won't ship to CA. Buger did and so did COBB before getting their AP CARB approved. EQT said it on their site...but not all COBB dealers stated that.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
All the guys using third party head and taillights...unless they are direct OEM units...none of them are actually "street legal" either since none of them are DOT approved they are illegal everywhere. The DOT covers all of the US.
Not true, my tail lights are 3rd party and molded into them are "DOT SAE STI" meaning they are DOT compliant

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Unless you got busted by CARB like Burger Tuning did...there isn't anything preventing a business from sending you the parts. You just can't use it on public roads. A reason some companies won't ship to CA could just be to avoid some potential legal issues. There are a lot of dedicated track cars that have no emissions legal parts. All the guys using third party head and taillights...unless they are direct OEM units...none of them are actually "street legal" either since none of them are DOT approved they are illegal everywhere. The DOT covers all of the US. Those sweeping turn signals...illegal.;)

Also there isn't anything on APR's site saying that they won't ship to CA. Buger did and so did COBB before getting their AP CARB approved. EQT said it on their site...but not all COBB dealers stated that.

"Not legal for sale or use in California"
1633388119998.png

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
"Not legal for sale or use in California"
View attachment 227043

Burger did the same thing with their JB4...but there are numerous JB4 vendors that will still ship to CA. Same with COBB...as a manufacturer...they did not sell to CA...but there were vendors out there that will still ship to CA.

I can still go online and buy a COBB downpipe that will ship to CA.

So far...there is no disclaimer on APR's site that they will not ship their intake to CA.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Not true, my tail lights are 3rd party and molded into them are "DOT SAE STI" meaning they are DOT compliant

My GF's LED Union Jack no name taillights on her Cooper S also has DOT stamped on there....

The sweeping lights are still not legal. Audi USA was able to circumvent that by also putting a solid blinker under the sweeping light.

Last edited: