GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Calling out random people on your website is weird af and the way he frames himself...The whole thing is YOU'RE WRONG AND IM RIGHT! There's so much better ways to articulate your thoughts.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Yeah, this seems to be the general feeling around here lately on 034 haha. If you want to keep a closed system that uses the factory box, I really like my K&N Pro Dry S drop-in filter with the MST Inlet Kit (silicone tube and TIP).

I mean... I'm not trying to hate on APR here but between the shipping issues and the potential fitment issues and wobbly nipple (lol), is this one really any better?

I'm genuinely asking because they're around the same price but the 034 flows better.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Show the data graph to support this claim

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You won't get any intake noises with the 034 kit. Isn't that why we get intakes? I did an afe filter with a dfg hose and pipe and I didn't get any extra noises. Then I spent $500+ just to go psh.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Calling out random people on your website is weird af and the way he frames himself...The whole thing is YOU'RE WRONG AND IM RIGHT! There's so much better ways to articulate your thoughts.
But, is he right? That's the question.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You won't get any intake noises with the 034 kit. Isn't that why we get intakes? I did an afe filter with a dfg hose and pipe and I didn't get any extra noises. Then I spent $500+ just to go psh.
I definitely got an increase with my MST kit, aFe filter, and snow grate removed. Is it the volume of an open intake? Absolutely not. But it's not stock sounding either.

FWIW, I'm still considering this to add onto my MST kit similar to how he did in the test. Not for flow reasons or anything, purely noise haha.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I definitely got an increase with my MST kit, aFe filter, and snow grate removed. Is it the volume of an open intake? Absolutely not. But it's not stock sounding either.

FWIW, I'm still considering this to add onto my MST kit similar to how he did in the test. Not for flow reasons or anything, purely noise haha.
I couldn't hear it at all, but maybe that was because of the hood insulation or I just never focused on it hard enough. I ended up doing the same though. I'm still using the same hose and pipe, but I got an intake kit that works with them.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
That wasn’t the case with him on this forum… while I don’t agree that it was just for him to be banned he lacked tact in his responses and would make “indirect” personal jabs when he was questioned.
I wasn't aware he was here/got banned. He is an engineer and often these type of folks have a hard time dealing with folks that aren't technical or don't understand the basis for scientific testing etc. that they do. He tests and provides the results. He rarely in this testing tells you more than "XYZ did ABC" b/c he expects that you can interpret the data on your own. In more recent testing he's done more of interpretive bits in his narratives (the DV testing). I for one like the testing and again say - many here don't like it b/c they either don't understand it, don't believe it b/c it disproves their butt dyno/placebo effect, or don't care to have to interpret the data/want that done for them.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I couldn't hear it at all, but maybe that was because of the hood insulation or I just never focused on it hard enough. I ended up doing the same though. I'm still using the same hose and pipe, but I got an intake kit that works with them.
Yeah, hood insulation here as well. Maybe my hearing is just better than normal. I can't see all the colors in the spectrum (deutan color vision deficient), so maybe that's my extra Spiderman sense haha.