odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
For those with the larger battery, you will have to undo one of the zip tie clips on the front battery cord to move it just enough out of the way. Once that’s done, it fits as easy as the install video. If you don’t move the cord, it will not fit no matter how much you try…

Here are the directions for anyone interested. It's steps 5 and 6 in our install manual:

5 - Cut and remove the two cable ties holding the battery cable to the bottom of the battery box. Remove the cable tie mounts from the batter box mounting points.

6 - Raise the harness fro the batter cable approximately 3 inches. With the supplied cable tie, reattach the battery cable to the previously used lower mount point. This will allow the battery cable to sit closer to the battery and out of the way of the APR intake.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Update, APR sent me the version that's used for the carbon open intake, apparently will fit more snug.

I hope it doesnt suck in unfiltered air.

I'm a bit confused on this part. We are talking about the vacuum line? Isn't it just a rubber hose that goes onto a nipple? I didn't think there was any kind of fitting or anything on that hose.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I'm a bit confused on this part. We are talking about the vacuum line? Isn't it just a rubber hose that goes onto a nipple? I didn't think there was any kind of fitting or anything on that hose.
No fitting on the hose, but the piece on the intake box that the hose connects to is very loose and flops around.

The hose seems to connect to the piece pretty securely.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No fitting on the hose, but the piece on the intake box that the hose connects to is very loose and flops around.

The hose seems to connect to the piece pretty securely.

Ah, got it. I did a deep dive into the photos and see what you all are talking about now.

1633971195975.png

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Here are the directions for anyone interested. It's steps 5 and 6 in our install manual:

5 - Cut and remove the two cable ties holding the battery cable to the bottom of the battery box. Remove the cable tie mounts from the batter box mounting points.

6 - Raise the harness fro the batter cable approximately 3 inches. With the supplied cable tie, reattach the battery cable to the previously used lower mount point. This will allow the battery cable to sit closer to the battery and out of the way of the APR intake.

that’s what I get for only following the install video and not the pdf instructions…🤦

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm aware people don't like that guy for some reason, but he's damn thorough with those flowbench tests.
People don't like when you test things in a controlled manner and the results aren't what they want them to be/think.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
People don't like when you test things in a controlled manner and the results aren't what they want them to be/think.
That wasn’t the case with him on this forum… while I don’t agree that it was just for him to be banned he lacked tact in his responses and would make “indirect” personal jabs when he was questioned.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm aware people don't like that guy for some reason, but he's damn thorough with those flowbench tests.

How does he get funded for everything he does?

That wasn’t the case with him on this forum… while I don’t agree that it was just for him to be banned he lacked tact in his responses and would make “indirect” personal jabs when he was questioned.

You know… after reading this article and consistent tooting he did by showing screen shots of convos - and remembering that last discussion we have about the DV I wonder if that GTIfan username I’ve had on ignore is Jeff’s GHOST account post getting banned 😂😂

http://mygolfmk7.com/2021/10/stock-dv-versus-bov/

Outside of screenshots of his “proud moments” it’s not a bad read though at all.