GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
unlikely to happen but if someone hits you and they’re painted you could be liable since technically it’s a safety feature. Vinyl can be discretely peeled off.
Seems wildly unlikely unless you hit an NHTSA attorney. I'd imagine I run the same risk with non DOT approved mirror blinkers.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Seems wildly unlikely unless you hit an NHTSA attorney. I'd imagine I run the same risk with non DOT approved mirror blinkers.

Or an enthusiast. Was mostly tongue in cheek, busting your balls after the curbed wheel discussion on being overly cautious :)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Or an enthusiast. Was mostly tongue in cheek, busting your balls after the curbed wheel discussion on being overly cautious :)
Raises the question, what if you got in an accident because your repaired wheel disintegrated and someone didn't see you coming because you didn't have orange side markers? If you also were TD1, would it be a felony?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Raises the question, what if you got in an accident because your repaired wheel disintegrated and someone didn't see you coming because you didn't have orange side markers? If you also were TD1, would it be a felony?
Let me answer your question with a question. Did this happen in California?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don't see why TD1 would have anything to do with it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Let me answer your question with a question. Did this happen in California?
I had tinted windows and no front plate in California and never got a ticket for either outside of the silly LA meter maids. I also had a good shop that let me bring my car in with scalding hot headers to be able to pass emissions.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Looks like dealers are actually posting pics now. 318 on Cars, and not one S. Guess the quest to see those buttons is gonna have to wait. 125 yellow ABs and an even split of manual vs dsg.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Looks like dealers are actually posting pics now. 318 on Cars, and not one S. Guess the quest to see those buttons is gonna have to wait. 125 yellow ABs and an even split of manual vs dsg.

the s is getting physical buttons? Which ones specifically

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
the s is getting physical buttons? Which ones specifically
The S appears to be getting a different interface than the SE, Autobahn and R that has physical buttons. You can see it on the configurator, but I haven't seen any real world pics of it.