GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The Tiguan is the most soulless, boring, shitbox we have had in quite some time. It was so lame we ended up dumping the lease 10mo early for an Alltrack.
Ha, they're truly awful. We test drove one and about 75 feet from the dealer, my wife was ready to turn around. The Q5 isn't exactly a Ferrari 333 SP, but it's also sort of amazing that it's made by the same company as the Tig. Plus when we bought ours, no one had cracked the ECU so you were left with 160hp or whatever they make stock.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ha, they're truly awful. We test drove one and about 75 feet from the dealer, my wife was ready to turn around. The Q5 isn't exactly a Ferrari 333 SP, but it's also sort of amazing that it's made by the same company as the Tig. Plus when we bought ours, no one had cracked the ECU so you were left with 160hp or whatever they make stock.

That fucking transmission was terrible. No 1st gear unless complete stop. This is a problem since our driveway is steep enough for the stock GTI splashguards to scrape.

You’d have to ether hit with speed, or fully stop at the bottom then give her the goose to get up the incline. The most common was to just wind out the poor torque converter in second till the TCM figured out 1st was needed.

fuuuuk I hated that car.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

333sp. Brings back memory of one the best races ever. Max Papis at Watkins Glen running fastest lap after fastest lap after 5 hours of racing to overtake 3rd and 2nd and win the race. I wish I could find a video of it. It was amazing.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
333sp. Brings back memory of one the best races ever. Max Papis at Watkins Glen running fastest lap after fastest lap after 5 hours of racing to overtake 3rd and 2nd and win the race. I wish I could find a video of it. It was amazing.
Oh, I remember that. Great racing. I love WG.

This talk of a second US F1 race really had me hoping they could whip WG into shape in time and get their certificate, but it's so out of shape it would never happen. Indy is such a shit track that really only leaves a second date for COTA, which is okay with me.

We went for the first Indy F1 event, thankfully missed the second with the Pirelli debacle.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
That fucking transmission was terrible. No 1st gear unless complete stop. This is a problem since our driveway is steep enough for the stock GTI splashguards to scrape.

You’d have to ether hit with speed, or fully stop at the bottom then give her the goose to get up the incline. The most common was to just wind out the poor torque converter in second till the TCM figured out 1st was needed.

fuuuuk I hated that car.
Yeah, the DSG is the best part of the Q5. Plus it's like 900 pounds heavier than my car and gets better mileage.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
The Tiguan is the most soulless, boring, shitbox we have had in quite some time. It was so lame we ended up dumping the lease 10mo early for an Alltrack.
We are going to drive one this week. She leased the previous gen tiggy and we both loved it, and I am not even an suv guy.
I would love an alltrack, but I don’t understand why they didnt come with third row seating!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
We are going to drive one this week. She leased the previous gen tiggy and we both loved it, and I am not even an suv guy.
I would love an alltrack, but I don’t understand why they didnt come with third row seating!

There is nowhere to put a third row in an Alltrack.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Yeah the auto and the turbo don't seem to communicate well in the Tiguan. I thought the price was high given that. If it was a DSG experience it would be ok, but the experience at slower speeds was not fun at all, obvious mismatch in the drivetrain. In that respect, I enjoyed practically every other crossover in comparison. Yes, even the Rav4 was a much better drive around town and on ramps.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
By the time the MK8.5 rolls out they might all be electric cars.
I think we'll hit peak hybrid in '24 or '25, and that's where the performance cars will be found. A performance PHEV Mk8.5 R makes good sense as a strategy leading to all-E in Mk9 lineup.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
There is nowhere to put a third row in an Alltrack.
1623459687329.png