GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
If you want a new 2021 Mk7 GTI, time and discounted prices are not on your side.

1624895324371.png

Current Inventory (cars.com as of 6/28/21)
2021 GTIBoth TransmissionsManualDSG
All TrimsAll Colors2484244
Black1201119
White & White Silver88286
Red26125
Blue14014

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I still hold that we won't get to the Mk8.5 R before they pull the plug on the manual. US and CA are the only countries getting it, that can't be sustainable.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I still hold that we won't get to the Mk8.5 R before they pull the plug on the manual. US and CA are the only countries getting it, that can't be sustainable.

Very cool graph @RXXXII. Thank you. (y)

I wonder what the total MY 2021 quantity produced of GTI manuals for the U.S. and Canadian markets was? With only four remaining in the U.S., it's neat to see that there's a demand for them. In the case of Cornflower Blue '21s, my Dealer told me that VW produced 700 for the U.S. in SE and Autobahn trims, half DSG and half manual. There's none left of either in the U.S..

Last edited:

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Wow!

That’s the absolute end of the MK7.5 manuals. Only three left as of tonight - 1 Autobahn in Daytona, FL; 1 SE in Freehold, NJ and 1 S in Spokane, WA per Cars.com.

Glad I bought mine when I did!

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Porsche's CEO was on business channel CNBC this morning and happily mentioned that the 2022 911 GT3 has a manual transmission. Interestingly, 70% of 911 GT3's sold in the U.S. are manuals, while normally it's about 25% with other 911s. Within Porsche, there's strong recognition of the importance of offering a manual transmission. Maybe we have an ally in VW's senior leadership that will keep our manuals alive as within Porsche.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Porsche's CEO was on business channel CNBC this morning and happily mentioned that the 2022 911 GT3 has a manual transmission. Interestingly, 70% of 911 GT3's sold in the U.S. are manuals, while normally it's about 25% with other 911s. Within Porsche, there's strong recognition of the importance of offering a manual transmission. Maybe we have an ally in VW's senior leadership that will keep our manuals alive as within Porsche.
California is good again.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/sports-cars/amp36815422/911-gt3-will-get-a-manual-in-california/

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I have a very controversial struggle with manuals. I absolutely love the raw, independent feeling of being able to drive my car how I want to. I’ve only owned 2 manual cars, so I can say it’s not bled into me, but the technology behind the DSG’s and other dual clutch automatics are insane! I think for the true, deep rooted car enthusiast, a manual option should ALWAYS exist. The issue is that with the future advancements of the automotive world, it just can’t keep up. The scary part of a full automatic world, in my eyes, is the use of single gear-ish CVT’s. Now that’s a sad future. I have a DSG, and it shifts faster than anything I could do. I do wish there was a whole lot less intervention in the shifting, which I think will advance and be a middle-ground for manual owners.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have a very controversial struggle with manuals. I absolutely love the raw, independent feeling of being able to drive my car how I want to. I’ve only owned 2 manual cars, so I can say it’s not bled into me, but the technology behind the DSG’s and other dual clutch automatics are insane! I think for the true, deep rooted car enthusiast, a manual option should ALWAYS exist. The issue is that with the future advancements of the automotive world, it just can’t keep up. The scary part of a full automatic world, in my eyes, is the use of single gear-ish CVT’s. Now that’s a sad future. I have a DSG, and it shifts faster than anything I could do. I do wish there was a whole lot less intervention in the shifting, which I think will advance and be a middle-ground for manual owners.
Don’t worry, EV’s don’t need gears.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don’t worry, EV’s don’t need gears.
I've wondered why no one has developed a 2 speed transmission for EV's? I understand that it's an electric motor turning the wheels but unless I'm missing something obvious, which I probably am, it seems like a 2 speed transmission would aid in acceleration and then at highway speeds not have to run the electric motor at so many RPM 's. Why not have the electric motor run through a transmission? I'm probably going to be embarrassed by the answer.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I've wondered why no one has developed a 2 speed transmission for EV's? I understand that it's an electric motor turning the wheels but unless I'm missing something obvious, which I probably am, it seems like a 2 speed transmission would aid in acceleration and then at highway speeds not have to run the electric motor at so many RPM 's. Why not have the electric motor run through a transmission? I'm probably going to be embarrassed by the answer.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp28903274/porsche-taycan-transmission/