GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New (2018+) 5.0 Auto 10 speed vs mk7 GTI

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I didn't get to line up with this guy well and we both had to turn but I think i could have taken him. From a 40 roll we were about even to 60 but I was pulling slightly and I didn't brake boost or anything. Anyone experience one of these auto 10 speeds? I'm strat e30 tuned with downpipe, intake, removed spare/back seats.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Those new stangs are no joke! I think you might be able to get thr jump on him, but that is20 is going run outta steam quickly, I think the mustang would start walking you up top

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Gen 3 Coyotes are not messing around, especially with the 10 speed. There's a video on youtube of a 3+ apr car barely pulling a stock 5.0 performance pack 10 speed. They're just downright nasty.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Gen 3 Coyotes are not messing around, especially with the 10 speed. There's a video on youtube of a 3+ apr car barely pulling a stock 5.0 performance pack 10 speed. They're just downright nasty.

With that 10 speed driver mod comes stock 😂

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So I didn't get to line up with this guy well and we both had to turn but I think i could have taken him. From a 40 roll we were about even to 60 but I was pulling slightly and I didn't brake boost or anything. Anyone experience one of these auto 10 speeds? I'm strat e30 tuned with downpipe, intake, removed spare/back seats.
Any idea what numbers hp/tq you're making?? I'm stage 1 stratified e30, thinking of going stage 2 in a few months

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Have not dynoed or plan on it but it should be in the ballpark of 330-345 whp and 390-415 wtq. I did a virtual dyno when I was hitting peak boost of 27.3 psi and got 367 hp and 415 tq but now I'm peaking at like 28.3
Wow!!! On the stock is20??? I didn't think those numbers were even possible, I'm really getting the itch to go stage 2 now