GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New (2018+) 5.0 Auto 10 speed vs mk7 GTI

joshgreensauce

So I didn't get to line up with this guy well and we both had to turn but I think i could have taken him. From a 40 roll we were about even to 60 but I was pulling slightly and I didn't brake boost or anything. Anyone experience one of these auto 10 speeds? I'm strat e30 tuned with downpipe, intake, removed spare/back seats.

wrongwheeldrive23

Passed Driver's Ed
Those new stangs are no joke! I think you might be able to get thr jump on him, but that is20 is going run outta steam quickly, I think the mustang would start walking you up top

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Gen 3 Coyotes are not messing around, especially with the 10 speed. There's a video on youtube of a 3+ apr car barely pulling a stock 5.0 performance pack 10 speed. They're just downright nasty.

PowerDemon

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Gen 3 Coyotes are not messing around, especially with the 10 speed. There's a video on youtube of a 3+ apr car barely pulling a stock 5.0 performance pack 10 speed. They're just downright nasty.
With that 10 speed driver mod comes stock 😂

wrongwheeldrive23

Passed Driver's Ed
So I didn't get to line up with this guy well and we both had to turn but I think i could have taken him. From a 40 roll we were about even to 60 but I was pulling slightly and I didn't brake boost or anything. Anyone experience one of these auto 10 speeds? I'm strat e30 tuned with downpipe, intake, removed spare/back seats.
Any idea what numbers hp/tq you're making?? I'm stage 1 stratified e30, thinking of going stage 2 in a few months

joshgreensauce

Any idea what numbers hp/tq you're making?? I'm stage 1 stratified e30, thinking of going stage 2 in a few months
Have not dynoed or plan on it but it should be in the ballpark of 330-345 whp and 390-415 wtq. I did a virtual dyno when I was hitting peak boost of 27.3 psi and got 367 hp and 415 tq but now I'm peaking at like 28.3

wrongwheeldrive23

Passed Driver's Ed
Have not dynoed or plan on it but it should be in the ballpark of 330-345 whp and 390-415 wtq. I did a virtual dyno when I was hitting peak boost of 27.3 psi and got 367 hp and 415 tq but now I'm peaking at like 28.3
Wow!!! On the stock is20??? I didn't think those numbers were even possible, I'm really getting the itch to go stage 2 now