GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 1/4 Times! And dyno #'s!!!!

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Downpipe, intake, tune,

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Those numbers cannot be right then. I haven't been dyno'd yet, but I have more mods then you do. So I should be at like 350+?! Lol!
Those numbers must be miscontrued or wrong. There is no way.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Those numbers cannot be right then. I haven't been dyno'd yet, but I have more mods then you do. So I should be at like 350+?! Lol!
Those numbers must be miscontrued or wrong. There is no way.

That's not how that works... Every dyno is different. Having "more mods" doesn't change how a dyno reads, and it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to make X more power speaking in a linear fashion. The turbo should be maxed out at like 350whp regardless of fuel quality. The numbers are correct for his car, on that dyno, in those conditions, on that day. Dyno's are a supplementary tool, nothing more than that. The amount of misconceptions around dyno's on the forums today has been crazy.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
That's not how that works... Every dyno is different. Having "more mods" doesn't change how a dyno reads, and it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to make X more power speaking in a linear fashion. The turbo should be maxed out at like 350whp regardless of fuel quality. The numbers are correct for his car, on that dyno, in those conditions, on that day. Dyno's are a supplementary tool, nothing more than that. The amount of misconceptions around dyno's on the forums today has been crazy.

its been fun to read though haha!
his car is for sure strong though with running 111-113
dynos need to be taken with a grain of salt as they all are diffrent

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!

Really? So "more mods" is (supposed) to mean more power, hence why we do them. So you're saying if someone's car is faster and more powerful, but just because a dyno on, according to you, "that day" says otherwise is the deciding factor? No. So on that day? What the next day at Joe Schmoes speed shop they are gonna say 310 on the dyno? So then he will never know what his real numbers are...

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Just go by trap speeds. That is USUALLY the most accurate metric of power (within reason).
He is trapping the same as most other stage 2 guys. He obviously got some traction.
OP you never said, what tires were you running?

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Really? So "more mods" is (supposed) to mean more power, hence why we do them. So you're saying if someone's car is faster and more powerful, but just because a dyno on, according to you, "that day" says otherwise is the deciding factor? No. So on that day? What the next day at Joe Schmoes speed shop they are gonna say 310 on the dyno? So then he will never know what his real numbers are...

I think what he's trying to say is that a dyno is more of a tool to show the change in power. Say you dyno stock, then you dyno with a tune. The two will show how much power you gained.

The power shown on a dyno will give a good estimation. However, if you dyno the same car on days with drastically different conditions (winter vs summer), you may see a difference in power.

It also depends on how they set up the correction factors.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
His trap of almost 114 suggests this car is making good power. His traps are higher than most stg 2 guys

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
do u have a dogbone mount at all?

Ordering that as soon as I can confirm which ver I need. Best 60 ft I could pull off was a 2.4

I think the best way to go is use launch control and immediately short shift into 2nd. Maybe throttle modulate before shifting, but I doubt it.

Crazy thing is one of my best runs the car auto up shifted from 1-2 right as I shifted so the car ended up in 3rd, totally bypassing 2nd. I was thinking well this run was shot, but I managed my 2nd best run of the night. Going back in a few weeks. I'd be happy with any 12s at this point.